Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Porting

Options
  • 08-11-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I recently took out an eir fiber broadband package and asked to bundle in my existing eir sim only number to avail of the bundle price.

Eir sent me out a new SIM card and cut off my existing number, Ive been waiting for over a week and made over 30 calls to eir to find out when my number will be ported. The customer services has been absolutely terrible, I've never experienced anything like it before. Ive been put on hold, transferred to wrong departments, promised call backs which never materialised, being cut off.

Originally I was told it would take from 2 hours to 24hours, then 48 hours, then a week, then 2 weeks, and 2 days ago I was told it would definetly be sorted today. On todays call was I cannot tell you when but it will be done sometime.

This needs to be sorted today, can someone please let me know what the hell is going on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

mickburke7 wrote: »
    I recently took out an eir fiber broadband package and asked to bundle in my existing eir sim only number to avail of the bundle price.

Eir sent me out a new SIM card and cut off my existing number, Ive been waiting for over a week and made over 30 calls to eir to find out when my number will be ported. The customer services has been absolutely terrible, I've never experienced anything like it before. Ive been put on hold, transferred to wrong departments, promised call backs which never materialised, being cut off.

Originally I was told it would take from 2 hours to 24hours, then 48 hours, then a week, then 2 weeks, and 2 days ago I was told it would definetly be sorted today. On todays call was I cannot tell you when but it will be done sometime.

This needs to be sorted today, can someone please let me know what the hell is going on.
    Hi mickburke7,

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing while trying to get your number ported over to your new account. Can you PM me your account number, please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mickburke7

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi mickburke7,

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing while trying to get your number ported over to your new account. Can you PM me your account number, please?

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I sent you PM with my details, I appreciate if you can find a conclusion to this saga.

Hi mickburke7,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I sent you PM with my details, I appreciate if you can find a conclusion to this saga.
    Thanks,

I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

Hi mickburke7,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Still not sorted, sent you PM.

Mick

Hi mickburke7,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Mick
    Thanks Mick, I've responded to your latest PM.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Hi mickburke7,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Mick

- Adam
    Thanks for your reply Adam but I am no better off with it, still have no clue when EIR will port my number, 14 days since I made my first call about it, no number the last 10 days, over 40 calls, hours on hold and not one return call from EIR - Its a farce really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I’d suggest open a complaint with comreg, we had the exact same problems, it took 5 weeks and 18+ people including representatives on boards here to get sorted plus we lost our existing sim only number for 4 days in the middle , comreg took over the complaint after 2 weeks of Eir having it and it was finally resolved.

It’s without doubt the worst and most frustrating experience I’ve ever had with a customer service department.

Thanks Samo,

I will try comreg as I am not getting anywhere with Eir, apart from "sorry the port is stuck". They turned off my number over a week ago which is costing me money in lost sales and the only response I get is "we cant tell you when it will be resolved", and promised call backs which never materialize. I would love to charge back my time from the hours of phone calls I've made. I have a bill due in 3 days which will be taken out of my account without any delay.

Hi mickburke7,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Mick

- Adam
    Thanks for your reply Adam but I am no better off with it, still have no clue when EIR will port my number, 14 days since I made my first call about it, no number the last 10 days, over 40 calls, hours on hold and not one return call from EIR - Its a farce really.
    I have responded to your latest PM about this. it looks like the number port has completed.

- Adam

Hi mickburke7,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Thanks,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Mick

- Adam
    I have responded to your latest PM about this. it looks like the number port has completed.

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Yes the port is complete now, the whole process was very frustrating. I'd estimate I made over 40 calls, spoke to at least 15 different representatives, was put on hold for hours, promised (countless times) but never received any status updates or estimated resolution times.

I wasn't even told when the number was eventually ported.

Other than that it was plain sailing.

Thanks,
    Mick

• Advertisement
Advertisement