Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best estate agent when selling

Options
  • 08-11-2017 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

HI,
    I am looking to sell my  2 bed apartment in Santry after Christmas so just looking for advise on the best estate agent and what we should be looking for. Will be looking for a quick sale but obviously want the best deal etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Me ( I would say that though) but I'm not in Dublin!!!

PM me if you want advise (I have colleagues in Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Look at similar properties in the area, look at sale agreed ones... see which agent has most of these and get them out to value/give you costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭py

mloc123 wrote: »
    Look at similar properties in the area, look at sale agreed ones... see which agent has most of these and get them out to value/give you costs.

It's very dependent on the area. Whilst 1 agent might be good in price range of 200-300k, they may not have the expretise to sell in the 500-600k range and vice versa. I'd recommend going along to a few viewings in the area and see how each operates. I'd also check the property price register for sales completed within your area and see if you can hunt down the original asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

Try the likes of https://www.moovingo.com or similar other companies that offer an alternative to conventional EA companies.

Just my recent experience, but from talking to friends and family I am not alone in the opinion that traditional estate agents represented very bad value for money for what they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

If your place is desirable (size/location etc) and in good condition then you should be able to barter a good deal with any EA. I picked mine by looking at daft.ie and picking the ads that were best presented in the photos. I then negotiated my favourite agent down to the best deal I had been offered by any other agent.

Good luck with your sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I see a new sell your own property website (moovingo) in recent times. I saw another one of these mentioned in the Sunday business post a couple of weeks back also but the name escapes me.

Might be worth a look but I don't see many listings with these so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

Moove Estate Agents is the one you are thinking of I recall correctly.

Advertisement