Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to the Ireland game Next Tuesday

Options
  • 08-11-2017 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

So my usual way of getting to the Aviva for Ireland games is to get the Dart from Tara Street but with the potential of a train strike next Tuesday I need to have another option.

Not from Dublin so don't know the area that well.

Could anybody give me any ideas on how to get from the city centre to the Aviva if the Dart is not an option?

I'd imagine it would be a fairly long walk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Google maps. Gives public transport options and walking times

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Allinall

siobhan08 wrote: »
    So my usual way of getting to the Aviva for Ireland games is to get the Dart from Tara Street but with the potential of a train strike next Tuesday I need to have another option.

Not from Dublin so don't know the area that well.

Could anybody give me any ideas on how to get from the city centre to the Aviva if the Dart is not an option?

I'd imagine it would be a fairly long walk

Luas red line to Mayor Square, walk across the new bridge and you'll be there in 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

blue_blue wrote: »
    Taxi.

Waste of time getting a taxi. Traffic will be mental and they can only get so close to the stadium with road closures anyway. Its a 15 minute walk down Pearse St from Tara towards ringsend and turn right at Shelbourne pk.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Google Maps Walking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It's not a bad walk at all, there'll be plenty doing it, just follow the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

What's your starting point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

If Tara street is your base point you could just walk from there. Otherwise there's a few buses that will bring you from O'Connell street up Pearse street into Ringsend & Sandymount. The number 1 does certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

What's your starting point?
    Easy Rod wrote: »
    If Tara street is your base point you could just walk from there. Otherwise there's a few buses that will bring you from O'Connell street up Pearse street into Ringsend & Sandymount. The number 1 does certainly.

I would probably be starting around O'Connell Street/Trinity College.

I'd have no probably with the walk. However, My uncle is in flying in from abroad for the game and he has dodgy knees so a long walk wouldn't really be an option for him

I have a looks at the Number 1 bus, that looks like the best option.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The number 4 could be good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The buses will be mental. I've always walked from the south city centre and I suspect nearly everyone else will too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

blue_blue wrote: »
    Taxi.

Do not get a taxi. You'd be quicker walking, the traffic will be absolutely insane between the match and the strike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

siobhan08 wrote: »
    I would probably be starting around O'Connell Street/Trinity College.

I'd have no probably with the walk. However, My uncle is in flying in from abroad for the game and he has dodgy knees so a long walk wouldn't really be an option for him

I have a looks at the Number 1 bus, that looks like the best option.

Thanks

There's plenty of pubs along the walk. That'll sort the knees out in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

There's plenty of pubs along the walk. That'll sort the knees out in no time.

knowing him he would probably do an early 12 pubs along the way and be absolutely steamed when he gets there :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's not that long a walk from the city centre at all depending on pace/eagerness you're looking at 25 - 45 minutes. Only time I get public transport heading out there is if I've mucked things up and find myself in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

47 From Fleet Street across from Bowes. Fleet Street is the starting point so no problem getting on Buss's are only every half hour though I believe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's not that long a walk from the city centre at all depending on pace/eagerness you're looking at 25 - 45 minutes. Only time I get public transport heading out there is if I've mucked things up and find myself in a rush.

Yeah but the OP says their uncle has mobility issues and whilst i'd always walk for the atmosphere and pints it would be a bit of a schlep if limping.

OP, your uncle's flying in for the weekend? Treat him to a rickshaw! I think they charge a tenner to Landsdowne. Be fun.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well the strike is on hold while a ballot takes place so the DART is now going to be okay (the ballot won't be complete by Tuesday).

Advertisement