Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance markers for mock exams

Options
  • 08-11-2017 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone know if there are many schools who use or would be willing to use a freelance marker/corrector/examiner for their Leaving Cert English mocks? I know most schools probably use one of the mock paper companies but I'm an experienced examiner just wondering if there would be any interest in this area of work.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know many teachers who pass this work on to others. Matching what the mock companies pay is well worth it for a teacher of an LC class. The mock companies do not pay much however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

When I was subbing a school asked me to grade leaving cert mock papers so they'd get an outsider perespective. Where they got the money from I don't know. Maybe from private funds I don't know. You could send a letter in to a few places stating your experience and rate and see if there's interest. Don't forget to let revenue know if anyone gets you to mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Consuelano

Hi Lhenge - PM sent to you.

Advertisement