Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching suppliers - deactivate payg electric meter

Options
  • 08-11-2017 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am switching suppliers to Energia and I was on the smarter pay as you go for electricity with Electric Ireland, so I need the payg electricity meter to be deactivated.

I have received some conflicting information from Energia about this in 2 different calls to them.  When enquiring about switching I was told that I would need to contact Electric Ireland myself to get the payg meter deactivation code, but when actually switching I was told that Energia would contact Electric Ireland to obtain the deactivation code for me.

Can you tell me which of these is correct? I swtiched a week ago and today I received a final gas bill from Electric Ireland but I have not yet received the deactivation code for the payg electric meter.

Thank you for your assistance,
    Andrew.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Andrew,

We are sorry to read that you are switching away from us.

We have limited access to the Pay As You Go system here in the Social Media department. We recommend calling our colleagues on 1850 372 372 (8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday).

Please call from the property if possible as our colleagues may need information from the meter.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement