Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Monitor for dual setup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is the monitor mount VESA or not? If no, you'll need another Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

ED E wrote: »
    Is the monitor mount VESA or not? If no, you'll need another Dell.

I;m not sure see attached. THis is my spare bracket and the connections on my AMD gfx card. Does this limit me? Is small the connection a "DP" connection?

Thanks

pic1.jpg

Mounting:

Those two flanges on the top are a Dell proprietary system. A non dell screen wont work without jankey third party adapters. Best buy Dell again.

Dell Outlet might be a good avenue to look into. Some real bargains sometimes.

IO:
    You have DVI, HDMI, DP, DP. Unless you've a third panel HDMI and DVI alone is plenty.

Mounting:

Those two flanges on the top are a Dell proprietary system. A non dell screen wont work without jankey third party adapters. Best buy Dell again.

Dell Outlet might be a good avenue to look into. Some real bargains sometimes.

IO:
    You have DVI, HDMI, DP, DP. Unless you've a third panel HDMI and DVI alone is plenty.

Thanks. Whats Dell outlet? Refurbished Dell?

Yeah, often the stuff appears new but costs about half the normal price.

• Advertisement

Yeah, often the stuff appears new but costs about half the normal price.

Thanks. I'll give them a call today

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

As a lot of the dell monitors with same vesa connections as you require are on the expensive side. Maybe you could replace the dual display mount with another and this way you could buy a second screen with no issue saving money still.

Some on amazon have gone up in price lately and black friday is coming so you maybe able to wait until then (24th November) for some deals.

This is the compatible screen but €195 just so it works with mounts you have.
    http://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/dell-24-monitor-s2415h/apd/210-aevw/monitors-flat-panel-widescreen

Even cheaper on amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2415H-Response-Integrated-Speakers/dp/B00OMP887G/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1510218386&sr=1-1&keywords=S2415H&dpID=51ROncn2TyL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

jhud wrote: »
    As a lot of the dell monitors with same vesa connections as you require are on the expensive side. Maybe you could replace the dual display mount with another and this way you could buy a second screen with no issue saving money still.

Some on amazon have gone up in price lately and black friday is coming so you maybe able to wait until then (24th November) for some deals.

This is the compatible screen but €195 just so it works with mounts you have.
    http://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/dell-24-monitor-s2415h/apd/210-aevw/monitors-flat-panel-widescreen

Even cheaper on amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2415H-Response-Integrated-Speakers/dp/B00OMP887G/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1510218386&sr=1-1&keywords=S2415H&dpID=51ROncn2TyL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Hi, the dual stand broke my heart getting into place - so I'd nearly prefer to buy another Dell Monitor.

I'm not following you re: Vesa connections... Is this the bracket? Will all 24" Dells not fit this bracket?

What do I need to tell Dell Outlet that relates to what I need in terms of back mounting?

Thanks!

OK - So Dell Outloet do not sell Monitors, but Direct direct can offer me this for €185 inc VAT

http://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/accessories/apd/210-aevw

This will work on my current Dell stand.

I think I'll have to bite the bullet... What do you guys think?

sticker wrote:
    I'm not following you re: Vesa connections... Is this the bracket? Will all 24" Dells not fit this bracket?

Yes they need to have the monitor stand connecting into same location as your desk mount connect to. You will need to question who ever you decide to buy it that its compatible.

• Advertisement

Yes they need to have the monitor stand connecting into same location as your desk mount connect to. You will need to question who ever you decide to buy it that its compatible.

Yes, as per my post above just now - Dell have identified the stand from previous purchase and receomended the one above. Think I'll go for it.

sticker wrote: »
    Yes, as per my post above just now - Dell have identified the stand from previous purchase and receomended the one above. Think I'll go for it.

Same one i had which is cheaper on amazon see my link above works out €180.79 delivered. Also may even be faster as Dell sometimes take a while on delivery.

Same one i had which is cheaper on amazon see my link above works out €180.79 delivered. Also may even be faster as Dell sometimes take a while on delivery.

Edit - bought it on Amazon - Cheers!!

Yes vat goes up small bit but once amazon is shipper or seller its free once over £25.

The price i state is delivery to irish address with amazon doing conversion to euros

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

If you havent already purchased. Take alook at nrgit who are authorised dell resellers.

I have purchased several monitors (10+) over the last 3-4 years and they have been excellent and arrive as new in dell boxes

The one you linked from Dell(S2415H) is available there for £139 (Use ParcelMotel or similar)
    https://www.nrgit.biz/products/dell-s2415h-24-inch-ah-ips-monitor-seller-refurbished

Below is a good explanation to the codes for dell monitors and the first two digits refer to screen size
    E Series: basic, standard consumer grade monitor. E for economy I guess? These have limited inputs (usually only VGA and DVI) and no adjustable stand. Some have TN panels, some newer ones have IPS panels.
    S Series: S is for Studio, usually they are designed to have sleek looks, so thin bezels, edge to edge, glass, glossy panel, things like that. These usually have IPS panels.
    P Series: P is for professional. These are all IPS panels, they are designed for businesses and offices in mind, with good ergonomic adjustable stand, DisplayPort and DVI inputs, though not sleek thin bezels or higher end features like daisy-chaining.
    U Series: U is for UltraSharp, Dell's premium line. These are all IPS panels, and basically are a step up from the P series, adding features like daisy-chaining, more advanced color control in the OSD, more inputs, factory color calibration, though the specifics vary from model to model.

cunavalos wrote: »
    If you havent already purchased. Take alook at nrgit who are authorised dell resellers.

I have purchased several monitors (10+) over the last 3-4 years and they have been excellent and arrive as new in dell boxes

The one you linked from Dell(S2415H) is available there for £139 (Use ParcelMotel or similar)
    https://www.nrgit.biz/products/dell-s2415h-24-inch-ah-ips-monitor-seller-refurbished

Below is a good explanation to the codes for dell monitors and the first two digits refer to screen size

Thanks already purchased thanks anyway

Advertisement