Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV License

Options
  • 08-11-2017 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

A quick one.

I have recently moved back into my own apartment after circa 7 years living elsewhere and have just realised the TV License was not paid by the previous tenants. A TV would have been in the house in the 7 years and I paid the UPC and collected the money from the tenants. The tenants were from Brazil and have returned home to Brazil.

I want to get everything back on track now have moved back but not sure what will happen now as a result of it not being paid in my absence.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

A quick one.

I have recently moved back into my own apartment after circa 7 years living elsewhere and have just realised the TV License was not paid by the previous tenants. A TV would have been in the house in the 7 years and I paid the UPC and collected the money from the tenants. The tenants were from Brazil and have returned home to Brazil.

I want to get everything back on track now have moved back but not sure what will happen now as a result of it not being paid in my absence.

Any ideas?
    Nothing will happen. You are not responsible for anyone's TV license except your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Youll just be given one from the date you pay. They wont go chasing you for the previous years

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Go online and buy a new license from today’s date (or whenever you buy a tv). You’ll be sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Or get rid of the TV........

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Only one Keano

Thanks for the responses guys! Plan to sort that in next few days :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement