Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring a non-resident

Options
  • 08-11-2017 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I want to offer a temporary contract for seasonal employment to a person resident in the US. What are my obligations regarding income tax and social contributions? My company is limited. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

I want to offer a temporary contract for seasonal employment to a person resident in the US. What are my obligations regarding income tax and social contributions? My company is limited. Thanks.

If the individual is an employee you may need to register with the IRS as an employer. Unfortunately, you will need U.S. tax advice

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Where will they do the work? Your post seems to suggest here as they are not non-resident in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

more information is needed

Where is the person currently living
    Has the person moved country
    Where will the work be carried out
    How long is the contract
    what country will the person be paid in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Will your employee be resident in Ireland or the US?

If Ireland, will they need a Visa to work here?

Advertisement