Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Velux Integra

Options
  • 08-11-2017 8:23pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a velux Integra fitted. Has a rain sensor, so automatically crosses when triggered. How could I open it, via my phone. Could connect plug to internet via home plug? Open to suggestions. Shoot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Is it plugged in or wired in? Presume it needs an "always on" supply so it can close when it rains, not just a switch "on to open, off to close"?

I'd say you need to do some hacking to the existing control mechanism

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Does it have an IR remote control?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

OldBean wrote: »
    Does it have an IR remote control?

Jeez, I've no idea. Where would I find out about that?

kenmc wrote: »
    Is it plugged in or wired in? Presume it needs an "always on" supply so it can close when it rains, not just a switch "on to open, off to close"?

I'd say you need to do some hacking to the existing control mechanism

Plugged in.

I was hoping there would be some sort of thing that I could open, app, that would allow me to open it.

So it's plugged in, but how do you make it open and close?

• Advertisement

kenmc wrote: »
    So it's plugged in, but how do you make it open and close?

I have a remote control.

OK, so that's most likely 433 mhz or ir. Do you need to point it at the velux or something to do with the velux? Or can you operate the velux from the next room or somewhere you can't see the velux, with the r/c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

After some quick googling I came across this:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/velux-skylights/350/9

Mixed reports between 833mhz and IR there. IR would be easier to hook up a Harmony remote kit to, and then access through an Echo or Google Home as well as your phone, though integration with the 833mhz and Apple HomeKit is mentioned.

Ir would mean close to line of sight to the window though, 8/433 mhz be preferable. There's some chatter on the openhab forums about it too

Sounds like my playstation4 purchase will be pushed back again. Cheers lads.

• Advertisement

just looked at the velux website - is it one of these remotes?

remotecontrol_programs_116039%2001_300x300.png?h=300&la=en-IE&w=300&cc=grid_12&key=-62135596800&sw=960

If so, that kind of changes everything.... thats not just some dumb 'open till i say stop. close till it won't close any more' type thing, that's got smarts, and is probably some sort of zigbee interface or similar

That's it. Haven't named him/her yet.

ok, so then you need to go look at stuff like openhab or similar to see what sort of support is available, that klr200 seems to be using io-homecontrol protocol, possibly B&O has some sort of support.

but basically, there's no easy way to do it using e.g. a remotely switched socket like you first asked

Damn it.

Advertisement