Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One - The God's blood

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"wherzer moy cake!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

*Slams his tankard down and roars*
    "Sweet udders of the divine suckler, won't someone shove some sodding cake in this nipplerippers gob???"

*then remembers his place and gets back behind the tankard*

OOC - Suja worship revolves around a lot of teat-based referencing which can spill over into expletives. Consider this an apology to cover the next few days/weeks/delete as applicable

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Startled by the sudden outburst, Bandylegs, who had been tilting back in his seat jerks back too far and both chair and dwarf crash to the ground.

Bandylegs briefly opens his eyes, moans something about non believers, rolls over and goes back to sleep.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Alexander's smile faulters as the going-ons behind him get louder. He chuckles with the gaurds, trying to win them over.

Alexander: I swear, usually they're all very impressive adventurers. They're just letting off a bit of steam after our last escapade. Work hard, play hard, am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The guards turn to Alexander, the one with the fanciest uniform speaks first.

"Yes, we're looking for the suicidal types, well really the High Clerics of Soet are. If you could come with us to Cleric Askit's home in the temple district he has some dangerous work for ye."

He takes out a gem which glows a dim blue.

"And you have magical talent, even better."

He turns toward the group and raises his voice

"Be there any Clerics here not in the service of Soet, or those who worship foreign gods?"

• Advertisement

The barmaid with Saeros:

Charm Person takes full affect as the barmaid can't help but be charmed by Saeros's fine elven features exaggerated in splendor by the spell.

"Sir I can't take coin from one of the fair folk, I'll bring our meat plate to table as soon as possible and two mulled wine barrels with spices from the Zassan desert, one for the table and one for yourself."

She blushes as she heads back to the kitchen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs snaps awake, rolling his neck until it cracks. He shuffles to his feet and eyes the fancily dressed guard.

Aye, Mr Frilly Knickers. I worship the Dwarven God Vergadain, He of Wealth and Luck.

What business is it of yours anyways?

"Relax Sir Dwarf, I have no quarrel with those who worship Vergadain, it's a cosmopolitan city. Cleric Askit just wanted to ensure there were worshipers of other gods present in the group we brought him, why I do not know."

One of the other guards behind him stands idle, but glances occasionally in Elin's direction thinking he remembers her from a night patrol theft.

(muttered) There ain't nothing foreign bout she who tends the herd.

'Hmph. Very well... I didn't catch your name. Unless Frilly Knickers is a thing here...

I'll go along and listen to what this 'cleric' has to say. Can't speak for the others here though.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

*Whispers* Hey Plough, are you going with these guys??

• Registered Users Posts: 42 The Soup King

Fourier wrote: »

"Be there any Clerics here not in the service of Soet, or those who worship foreign gods?"

I worship no Gods save for nature herself but I work for any that pay well.

*whispers* well, I ain't goin home and I can't stay here...

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Hmph. Very well... I didn't catch your name. Unless Frilly Knickers is a thing here...

I'll go along and listen to what this 'cleric' has to say. Can't speak for the others here though.'
    The guard smiles, "The name is Castius" he turns to the other more novice guards "Dwarfen directness is to be admired and no offense is intended, remember that lads"

He turns back to Bandylegs:

"Here is a small token. If you present it in the temple district, I'm sure they can find a shrine to Vergadain, there's over 400 gods worshiped there now, even dwarfen ones, I'm sure your Vergadain is among their number"

"Do we get that shiny blue thing, just for going and listening to this nosy bugger?"

Bandylegs takes the token from the guard.

'You have my gratitude, Castius Frilly Knickers. You're not a bad old sort, you know.'

He turns to Plough and whacks him on the back. 'What do you think, big guy?'

Don't know no one in the temple. And they have coin.
    *Stands*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Elin breathes a sigh of relief and stands to hide behind Plough.
    *Whispers* Ok then if we're going lets just go please!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Alexander: if the High Clerics of Soet has coin, perhaps we should hear him out, see what help he needs? Where would we find him?

Bandylegs eyes light up at the sound of coin.

'I agree with Elin there, lead the way!'

• Advertisement

Finally some action. Temple district it is.

ekbard eats his fill from the meat plate on the table and then throws one of the barrels of mull wine over his sholder.

"come on then, lead the way mister watch man"

Bandylegs watches Ekbard with one barrel and eyes up the other longingly.

'Farewell my sweet. We were together but for a short time.'

He downs his tankard, belches loudly and makes for the exit along with the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 The Soup King

Array greenbe taps his pipe into an ashtray and stands.

'well my new friends looks like it's time to collect a new story... And hopefully some coin'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Hmm, temples are what I've been trying to keep away from recently, but I suppose I must start my travels somewhere. We're not far now, it's just ahead. What do you think we'll be doing?"

"bowing most like. Some scraping too I'd 'spect. May be turf some families out of their homes, make room for another bell tower?"

"eh, while you're all standing around here, i'm going to make a quick trip down to denzels emporium of discount dreams and grab myself a long sword and some leather armour, and maybe a backback and a copule of large sacks and some preserved ration packs", "back in 2 minutes, before you even know i'm gone"

Here's a shopping list i made myself earleir for the crap i'm gonna pick up wile i'm gone.

Long sword 10 GP
    Shield 10 GP
    5 x Javelin 5 GP
    Leather armour 6 GP
    6 days of preserved rations 3 GP
    Backpack 2 GP
    Rope 1 GP
    waterskins 1 GP
    2 x large sacks 4 SP

Still inebriated, Bandylegs surveys the crowded tavern and is impatient as his fellow explorers seem to be dawdling. He hops up on a stool in the centre of the room and begins to sing (badly)

In forests and hills of legend and lore There once lived a clan of the elves we abhor Their arrogant height and their pansy décor Were merely the first of the crimes they'd pay for!

Now these elves had a problem, a terrible plight, They didn't know ale and they had no fist-fights, Their lives were pale shadows, their boredom a blight, So they went to the dwarves to deliver their spite.

For it's hey-di-lee hi, and ho-di-lee hok, The dwarves strike the earth and make love to the rock! Oh, Blood for the Blood God, more blood for Armok! It’s a hey-di-lee hi, and ho-di-lee hok.

Came the elves to the fortress, the mountain-home grand, They indicted the baron; "You've clear cut this land! You have chopped down our brethren, you short little man, Of course this means war, now deliver, now stand!

When the elves were all dead, the dwarves were confused, Who were these strange fools, so quickly abused? "More blood for the blood god," the Baron's wife mused, And they went back beneath where the hot magma oozed.

For it's hey-di-lee hi, and ho-di-lee hok, The dwarves strike the earth and make love to the rock! Oh, Blood for the Blood God, more blood for Armok! It’s a hey-di-lee hi, and ho-di-lee hok.

"ah great, i see this ole tavern didnt burn down while i was gone, bar wench, another bottle of your mystery brew please , that'll keep us happy until the mornin'

• Advertisement

Castius straightens his back and glances around the tavern.

"We can go now, follow me to the Temple district, we'll have to walk the length of the district to get to Askit's home, it's part of the main temple to Soet."

Him and his six men exit the tavern and await the adventurers outside.

When Ekbard walks out he tosses him 50 GP in a pouch.

"Here you go, Askit wants ye kitted out, it's enough for some gear and food along the road you'll be taking, we won't leave till you get back"

OOC: I think the first scene went well! You can finish up any dialogue and actions here and join me in the next thread, which will be a good bit longer.

Advertisement