Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows update - screen has gone dim.

Options
  • 08-11-2017 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

I built my PC with the help of this forum. I installed windows ten but have not activated it. Not sure if that is relevant.

I updated to the fall creators update last night, went to work this morning and returned this evening.

I can't get my display to brighten. Have updated gpu drivers (gtx 970) and restarted.

Have googled but all the results seem to advise disabling adaptive brightness, which is disabled.

When I boot up screen is normal, windows loads, few seconds later the display goes dim.

I can read the screen but, it is pretty crappy for games etc., difficult to see what is happening.

I have an oculus rift and that seems to be reasonably normal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Updated one of my pc's last night as well .

There's a night light setting in the graphics settings .

Is that turned on or off ?
    It can be set on a timer as well as on/off

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Happened to me with a Sony laptop and the CU. Had to edit power profiles to get it to work if I remember correctly. Same behaviour, fine until logging in then dim AF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Google had also pointed me towards power profiles and night light. Neither is the issue. Thanks though.

I am wondering is it because my copy of windows is not activated. Was planning to activate after Christmas, annoyed at myself for installing pro rather than home but there you go.

Advertisement