Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22mag

Options
  • 08-11-2017 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

What would it cost to get a 22mag threaded and who would you recommend am in midlands

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Threading can cost between €40 to €90 depending on who does it and what you want (simple threading job up to "invisible" threading & cap).

most RFDs around the midlands have gunsmiths they send out to do the work so i'd call into a few gunshops first. You could try Mulvihills in Mullingar or Ballymahon, Wildhunter in Athlone. There is one guy in Portlaoise, but i cannot remember his details. Give me a shout and i'll look them u and send them on.

Other than that i don't know of many more in the midlands to suit. You would have to travel further afield to find others.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

+1 for David Mulvihill in Ballymahon, sound man to deal with. His number is 0868229827

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭SakoHunter75

smallfry wrote: »
    +1 for David Mulvihill in Ballymahon, sound man to deal with. His number is 0868229827

Agree. He threaded and recrowned my .22wmr, did a really nice job. Make sure you give him the mod as well as the rifle, you'll get a better thread fit.

Advertisement