Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro SD Card Problem

Options
  • 08-11-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

I've a 64Gb Sandisk Ultra (Class 10, SDXC) in my dashcam. I decided to take a look at the footage yesterday and realised that the loop recording wasn't working
    So I tried to delete the data. No joy, although it looked like it was deleted, once I closed Windows Explorer and reopened it, all files were still there.
    I tried Quick Format, but it didn't work. Tried it through the command line, no joy. Ran Windows error checking and Scandisk, Chkdsk (which both took an age) but no errors found, but nothing helped either.

Any suggestions, or is the card toast? I bought it from Argos so I assume it's genuine but no receipt. Previous card worked fine in the dashcam, btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Try this
    https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

If it fails, start an RMA with Sandisk. Takes about two weeks but they're good to deal with even after the buyout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Pique

Thanks for that, but again, no joy.

What's an RMA? And do you have a link for Irish customers?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Pique wrote: »
    Thanks for that, but again, no joy.

What's an RMA? And do you have a link for Irish customers?

Return merchandise authorization (RMA), essentially requesting permission to send your item back. SanDisk have a lifetime warranty on sd cards, do a google to find a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

RMA is a return to the manufacturer.

Use this link
    https://kb-eu.sandisk.com/app/rmaform

Advertisement