Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business with two vechicles

Options
  • 08-11-2017 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all, Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

My story is:
    I have a limited company with a jeep insured in the company name, just me named as a driver. 1yr NCB on the jeep policy.

I have 0yrs NCB in my own name due to a claim I made in 2015 for an accident (skid - ditch - bang :mad:) claim settled but lost my ncb as FBD dont offer NCB protection. I started my company insurance on the following renewal since that I lost my own NCB anyway.
    So today I found a van I want to purchase as I want to expand the business but FBD tell me that they can't offer insurance quote to anyone like myself with only 1yr NCB.

I have since rang round a few other companies and it seems to be problematic to insure a second vehicle.
    How the hell is a company supposed to expand with this crap?
    Hopefully some business people can help :(

Thanks,
    P

Advertisement