Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon du Medoc 8th September 2018

Options
  • 08-11-2017 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭

Registration for this opens in March. This has long been on my radar, but I think 2018 might be the year to get absolutely trolleyed and run/walk/crawl a boozy marathon.

Flights can be got into Bordeaux with Aer Lingus, with La Rochelle being Ryanair's closest airport. The marathon takes place on Saturday, meaning an extra day to recover from the hangover. Fancy dress is mandatory. The pasta party is a session, finishing goody bag predictably contains wine.

Anyone done this or considering it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Registration for this opens in March. This has long been on my radar, but I think 2018 might be the year to get absolutely trolleyed and run/walk/crawl a boozy marathon.

Flights can be got into Bordeaux with Aer Lingus, with La Rochelle being Ryanair's closest airport. The marathon takes place on Saturday, meaning an extra day to recover from the hangover. Fancy dress is mandatory. The pasta party is a session, finishing goody bag predictably contains wine.

Anyone done this or considering it?

I tried this year but didn't get in. Next year maybe, although it's not the kind of event you can aim for a fast time in. I think the aim is to have a 'good' time. Having said that it would be amazing to win your weight in wine as first place finisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Is it on a first come first served basis? Or lottery. I'm not booking flights until I get an entry.

I'd have no intention of trying to run a fast time in it, I think trying to run fast in it would destroy the whole point of it.

Advertisement