Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAnet student offer

Options
  • 08-11-2017 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm on rolling 6 month contracts for quite a while now and only just realised that I can avail of a student HEANet deal.

Do I need to approach a store about this? I was about to approach a store anyway to avail of an upgrade device as I've gone past 6 months.

Can you outline what is best to do. End my current contract and start a new one or simply get upgraded kit and reduced price once I produce my student proof and proof of ID also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm on rolling 6 month contracts for quite a while now and only just realised that I can avail of a student HEANet deal.

Do I need to approach a store about this? I was about to approach a store anyway to avail of an upgrade device as I've gone past 6 months.

Can you outline what is best to do. End my current contract and start a new one or simply get upgraded kit and reduced price once I produce my student proof and proof of ID also.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. You would need to pop into a store to get more information on this. The eir representative in the store will be able to advise you of everything you need to know about this. You can view more about this offer on the below link:

https://www.heanet.ie/brokerage/student-mobile-broadband

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Thanks

Thanks
    No problem at all.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Thanks
    No problem at all.

- Adam
    Adam,

I'm in a chat now with Jeeva on the Eir website and they're saying that since Meteor became Eir that the student offer is gone. Ins tore in Navan they told me they couldn't process it for me as they had no sims and to contact CS.

Can you clarify?

Was / Is there a special HEAnet sim?
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Representative Kumar has joined the session[/font]

Kumar
    [3:35:18 PM]
    Welcome to Eir mobile web chat service. I'm Jeeva. How may I help you today?

You
    [3:35:48 PM]
    Hello Jeeva. I want to sign up for the HEAnet student discount on mobile broadband.

You
    [3:36:20 PM]
    I went instore in Navan, Co Meath and they said that they have no HEAnet sims. That I should call custoemr service

Kumar
    [3:37:34 PM]
    I have checked and see that the HEAnet offer has been closed and only the normal broadband offers are available.

You
    [3:38:12 PM]
    When did that happen? I asked online on Boards.ie and was told to go instore. That's only 2 days ago

Kumar
    [3:38:42 PM]
    Have you checked in eir.ie website?

Kumar
    [3:39:04 PM]
    When meteor switched as Eir ,the offer has been closed.

You
    [3:39:14 PM]
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057806758

You
    [3:39:30 PM]
    The Eir representative on Boards.ie must not know that?

https://www.heanet.ie/brokerage/student-mobile-broadband

HEAnet’s new mobile offers with Meteor are now live.
    Both offers are open to students and staff at all HEAnet member institutions.
    Meteor has changed and is now Eir mobile. Our offer continues to be available with Eir stores. Ask for the HEAnet mobile broadband offer in any Eir store.
    The offers comprise a mobile broadband offer and also a voice/sms/data bundle.
    Mobile Broadband offer 1:
    • €9.99 per month
    • Data allowance of 25GB
    • 4G
    • 6 month minimum term
    [*]
    Mobile Broadband offer 2:
    • €19.99 per month
    • Data allowance of 50GB
    • 4G
    • 6 month minimum term
    [*]
    Phone offer:
    • €20 per month
    • Data allowance of 5GB
    • 4G
    • 200 minutes of calls to other networks
    • 300 texts to other networks
    • Free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts
    • 30 day contract

• Advertisement

I've emailed HEANet to see what exactly is going on here. Will clarify for all when I find out

Issue closed. Adam was correct. Thanks again Adam. Jeeva / Kumar was not. I rang 1905 and all is well again in my world.

Issue closed. Adam was correct. Thanks again Adam. Jeeva / Kumar was not. I rang 1905 and all is well again in my world.
    No problem, glad to hear you got this sorted :) 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Had no joy this week in 3 x stores trying to get this setup :( 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Rockin wrote: »
    Had no joy this week in 3 x stores trying to get this setup :( 
    Hi Rockin ,

I'm sorry to hear this and I apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Hi Rockin ,

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas can you provide any clarification on this issue with your sales department?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Rockin wrote: »
    Hi Rockin ,

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas can you provide any clarification on this issue with your sales department?
    I cannot unfortunately, we do not deal with any sales related queries here.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement