Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Zone (Up, Down, Hot Water) Heating Controls

Options
  • 09-11-2017 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Something I'm also interested in and I see a few other similar threads going but don't want to hijack........ (maybe need a home heating megathread?)

I have an old boiler but had all the plumbing redone 2 years ago and have 3 zones - upstairs, downstairs, hot water (which I think only heats
    with either the upstairs or downstairs on).

What would be recommended in my case?

Upstairs and downstairs only has a single thermostat each so some of the rooms get really hot when they probably don't need to. I am a perisher though....

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

While their are different options available. Tado sounds like it would be well suited to you. Would give you an option of Smart TVR's in those rooms if you wanted and also supports two zones + hw zone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

SachaJ wrote:
    I have an old boiler but had all the plumbing redone 2 years ago and have 3 zones - upstairs, downstairs, hot water (which I think only heats with either the upstairs or downstairs on).

Hi it sounds like you have two zones.
    If you can't heat the water on it's own then it's not on it's own zone.

If you find out if it comes on with upstairs or downstairs, you could use TRVs to knock off the rads on that zone to heat the water on it's own

Advertisement