Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funeral Insurance When Terminally Ill... And Young

• 09-11-2017 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Is this even possible or would I be excluded for having a very life-limiting illness? I'm young too, 33. Would this make a difference?

I'm on an online UK based support group for people in the same position and people there have been able to get great funeral insurance plans for quite a small monthly payment. I'm just not sure if that is possible over here.

I just don't want to burden loved ones with a huge funeral bill when I'm gone but I am so broke, I cannot save the funeral amount. I can however pay a monthly insurance premium if there is a lower cost one available.

I know I probably seem lazy asking here but it's an emotionally overwhelming, daunting and pretty upsetting thing to think about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi Dara, I'm sorry you have this to deal with. I honestly can't say anything very useful, I have no idea. Is there anyone could pick up the phone for you and ask a broker? Then at least you would only have to ask once, rather than explaining over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

looksee wrote: »
    Hi Dara, I'm sorry you have this to deal with. I honestly can't say anything very useful, I have no idea. Is there anyone could pick up the phone for you and ask a broker? Then at least you would only have to ask once, rather than explaining over and over.

My huz actually works in insurance but it's not a conversation I want to have with him. I may need professional advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭oconnot5

Sorry to hear. There are options for over 50, no medical / disclosure needed. Not sure for younger though

• Registered Users Posts: 27,989 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Some credit unions provide good value funeral insurance. This one includes cover for pre existing conditions after 12 months. Might be worth checking out what your local CU offers.

Advertisement