Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back from Dublin to Galway

Options
  • 09-11-2017 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I’m 26 and I’m leaving Dublin after 4 years to move back to Galway (I’m from Mayo, and went to college in Galway). Has anyone else made a similar move recently? How did you adjust? Dublin sucked the life out of me and I can’t wait to get back to a less expensive, more chilled out life.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

I’m 26 and I’m leaving Dublin after 4 years to move back to Galway (I’m from Mayo, and went to college in Galway). Has anyone else made a similar move recently? How did you adjust? Dublin sucked the life out of me and I can’t wait to get back to a less expensive, more chilled out life.

Not sure re less expensive if you are renting?!
    Good time to be moving back , Galway is generally great in your 20s, plenty of work these days, excellent social life and plenty of clubs/things to do or join. Cost of renting//housing is steep and driving is a pain and it rains 100 days more often than Dublin .
    Can be very relaxed alright - I found it hard to adjust moving back from overseas a few years ago due to the lack of buildings/skyscrapers , no Tubes, and sometimes frustratingly slow pace of things! But you get used to it .

Advertisement