Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearvita

Options
  • 09-11-2017 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Out of genuine interest...

I see "Gearvita" have gotten a "sponsored forum" on here. Before this went ahead did anyone care to check if they were using any description of a secure platform for trading?

No SSL certificate and not digitally signed. HUGE security risk for any members who decide to order from there and using the face of Boards to verify their questionable trading leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. It misleads people who may not know better.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback Miike. Gearvita were already in the process of moving over to SSL and this has now been completed. You can see their announcement about it here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Thanks for the feedback Miike. Gearvita were already in the process of moving over to SSL and this has now been completed. You can see their announcement about it here. Thanks.

I appreicate the reply Niamh, thanks.

'In the process of' doesn't cut the mustard when it comes to cyber security, I'm sure you can agree but never the less it's done now.

Have a wonderful day,
    Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement