Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50% off Philips Airfryer on Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

august12 wrote: »
    Which one rotates?
    Tefal actifry would be the most common one.

Etnies wrote: »
    What you basing that on exactly dodzy lad? I have had one about 3 years didn't order one days ago on Amazon and think I am an authority like some it seems. I've had both one that rotates and that doesnt, my sister also has one who doesn't rotate.

The rotating ones make nicer food, and you don't have to shake. Put it on and **** off till it beeps.
    I’ve had both. Now pop off and throw a steak and chips in you actifry; trust me, the Philips wins hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I bought the Tefal Actifry a few years back and used it a reasonable amount in the couple of years till I replaced it with the Philips Airfryer.

Originally I was all for the Actifry but I had difficulty cooking a bunch of things that the rotator would break or peel the coatings off (e.g. goujons or fried fish).
    I also wouldn't cook different types of food in it such as fish and chicken as they could be mixed together by the end.

With the Airfryer, I use it almost all the time rather than the cooker and don't bother most the time about shaking the basket unless I had a full load of breaded chicken bites that may be stuck together at the start.
    The reality is though that shaking is not a problem at all as I never put things in the airfryer and forget about it till things are done. I am setting the table, getting drinks, cleaning, or even preparing something else to go along side whatever is in the fryer.

The one thing I loved about the Actifry was when you put in sausages they would be browed perfectly on each side. The airfryer does not do as good a job at that, but it is perfectly acceptable and what is also nice is with the basket, the fat from the sausages drains away rather than sitting and rotating in it as with the Actifry, but I have not noticed and difference in flavour.

I still have both and never use the Actifry unless I have a get together and need to cook a lot of food at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

dodzy wrote: »
    I’ve had both. Now pop off and throw a steak and chips in you actifry; trust me, the Philips wins hands down.

I forgot your opinions were facts on boards :D

Enjoy your Phillips, maybe next time you and the other snowflakes won't get so offended when someone disagrees with their views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Salmon
    Cod
    Homemade fishfinger
    Fish Goujons
    The list is endless

Bargains??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

august12 wrote: »
    Which one rotates?
    actifry as said, guy I know was in some shop like powercity and they said people are nicking paddles from the display models, just search online and you will see it is a very common issue. There are loads of threads about them, and you can see amazon reviews etc, loads of people have had both, people in my work had both. As far as I can remember every single one of them recommened the philips over the tefal. This is why I am surprised by the poster here, 1st I recall seemingly recommending the actifry over it.
    Etnies wrote: »
    Would not buy one of these unless it rotated. You have to constantly shake the basket for it to cook evenly
    I am still wondering what food you were doing that required "constant shaking", and perhaps explain to people what "constant" means to you. If I do a small enough amount of chips it needs no shake at all, usually I shake just once. Maybe you are doing very large amounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

My one arrived yesterday. Cooked a sirlion steak for the missus and myself and omg!! Delicious to say the least. I love my steaks and am meticulous when I'm frying them but it took 7 minutes in the airfryer and its way up there with the best of them. Done chips and battered fish in it too and perfect. I can't believe I didn't get one of these sooner. This really was a bargain but if the bigger one comes down in price I'll definitely purchase it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

One of these is down to £75 there. 220 model. Just got an alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hullabulloo

Any chance of a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

One of these is down to £75 there. 220 model. Just got an alert.

Just got an alert too!!

1 cent below my target...ha ha

This is not the XL version, but is digital controls and comes with the dividing tray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ForestFire wrote: »
    Just got an alert too!!

1 cent below my target...ha ha

This is not the XL version, but is digital controls and comes with the dividing tray

The one for 75 is the old regular size manual one. I would go for manual over digital. Not heard if digitals break but I reckon I could fix the manual if it broke, and at a guess I would bet it would last longer..

rubadub wrote: »
    The one for 75 is the old regular size manual one. I would go for manual over digital. Not heard if digitals break but I reckon I could fix the manual if it broke, and at a guess I would bet it would last longer..

Went for it. Just missed the lightening deal at cheaper price last week but feck it life is too short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m tempted
    So tempted
    Buts it’s probably too small
    But I also have the actifry

The XL in my basket is gone back up to 240 sterling !!!!!
    Well that ain't happening

Does this one defo have the dividing tray????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Really need to pick one of these up before xmas as a gift, torn between the digital and analogue, are there any real difference? I think the digital model includes a separating tray. Unfortunately I missed out on the BF deals.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FA294ZA/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Healthier-Airfryer/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=sr_1_2_m?s=kitchen-appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1512478216&sr=1-2&refinements=p_89%3APhilips

Seems there is a newer model to the HD9220/20 but its twice the price.

km79 wrote: »
    I’m tempted
    So tempted
    Buts it’s probably too small
    But I also have the actifry

The XL in my basket is gone back up to 240 sterling !!!!!
    Well that ain't happening

Does this one defo have the dividing tray????

9220 - No dividing tray
    9230 - Comes with tray
    9240 - No tray

The XL is now sub €200 once again on Amazon.de. I know a lot of people got them much cheaper; they do fluctuate. But IMO, under €200 is a decent price for the larger model. Not brilliant, but decent nonetheless.

That said, 2 x 9220s for under £150 is nothing to be sniffed at :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=asc_df_B0042EU3A21512388800000/?tag=prie0f-21&creative=22374&creativeASIN=B0042EU3A2&linkCode=df0&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How low in price did the fry small Airfryer go on Black Friday/lightening deals? I know Im getting one but wont be able to use it till I move into a new house in spring next year so wondering whether to buy now for 75 or wait till January sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How low in price did the fry small Airfryer go on Black Friday/lightening deals? I know Im getting one but wont be able to use it till I move into a new house in spring next year so wondering whether to buy now for 75 or wait till January sales.

I got it for £59.Great yoke altogether,Should have got one years ago.Prob will drop again in Jan.Must get one of those accessory kits now.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    In your case, I'd hold fire, but if it hits sub £70, personally, I'd just buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Twas a 9216/41 and worked out at £61.49 with the oul extra Irish vat.

• Advertisement

Morphy Richards 3l digital version is down to £65 now. Just got alert from amazon.
    480001 is the model

Morphy Richards 3l digital version is down to £65 now. Just got alert from amazon.
    480001 is the model
    Gotta be worth a punt at that price. They are fundamentally all the same. Hot element above and air circulation. Wattage and size are the only variables, as well as build quality but as I say, they operate the same. Let us know how you find it if you do bite the bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a very similar one to that in Lidl now, cant remember the details.

Gotta be worth a punt at that price. They are fundamentally all the same. Hot element above and air circulation. Wattage and size are the only variables, as well as build quality but as I say, they operate the same. Let us know how you find it if you do bite the bullet.

looks good, im tempted to run into currys for one

http://www.currys.ie/product/morphy-richards-health-fryer-black/339731/396.2.9#video
    Almost half the size of the smallest Philips one
    Tiny

Didnt even notice that, it must be tiny, the one in Lidl looked big.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Thargor wrote: »
    Didnt even notice that, it must be tiny, the one in Lidl looked big.

I couldn't find one on lidl site..is it available this week?

Theres a stack of them in Bray Lidl, it was in the brochure in the last couple of weeks but I cant find it now either. It was digital and big but Im not sure if it was the same as this one from last year:

https://www.frugalfamily.co.uk/seven-syn-free-party-food-snacks-slimming-world/

Ill be in there tomorrow evening and Ill get pics then.

It says it is 3l (the MR one) no?

Is the Philips one more than 3l?

It says it is 3l (the MR one) no?

Is the Philips one more than 3l?
    500 gram food capacity
    That’s a small bag of oven chips

• Advertisement

Sorry not the Philips one but they've reduced the Philips one to 49.99sterling

Tower T17004

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

Amazon.de in germany have the philips xl on a one day sale right now for 150 euro and probably 20 euro delivery to ireland more than likely will have a european plug, easily solved though

cranefly wrote: »
    Amazon.de in germany have the philips xl on a one day sale right now for 150 euro and probably 20 euro delivery to ireland more than likely will have a european plug, easily solved though

Not seeing it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

sweet, got a warehaouse very good condition one for 145 delivered via parcelwizard. cheers

Not seeing it ?

They must have sold out pretty fast, they had a price of 149.99 euro on last night with a countdown from 22 hours when i saw it, so i assumed they would have had plenty of them, they do have a good deal of 129 euro on their warehouse deal, which is a good price, i got my warehouse deal from amazon.uk for 150 pounds about 180 euro delivered, anybody who gets the german one with a euro plug you will need an adaptor, so get some advice about the adaptor to use, as this philips air fryer has a whopping 2100 watt motor, i guess a normal couple of euro plug adaptor would be fine though.

I have had this philips model for a couple of days now, and it is fantastic, chips taste great, not too dried out, like i thought they would be, beefburgers are great as well, could not be more happier with this model, deep fat fryer will be thrown out soon, along with all that greasy steam that comes with it, the steam from the air fryer is not as bad, but you do get steam from it, not the smelly kind though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

What's the deal with the warehouse ones? They have some on the German Amazon for 129 and 137 but say they're used, are they refurbs or second hand? Don't fancy using a second hand one no matter how good the price is.

• Advertisement

aaronm13 wrote: »
    What's the deal with the warehouse ones? They have some on the German Amazon for 129 and 137 but say they're used, are they refurbs or second hand? Don't fancy using a second hand one no matter how good the price is.

I wouldn’t even consider one
    Ill wait for a price drop on a new one and pay more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They are units that were returned from a customer for some reason and thus cannot be sold as new. Most likely change of mind/late delivery/box damaged.

No way Amazon are trying to sell an airfyer that has been used.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

They are units that were returned from a customer for some reason and thus cannot be sold as new. Most likely change of mind/late delivery/box damaged.

No way Amazon are trying to sell an airfyer that has been used.

I got a clearly used dehumidifier sold as new which has now been returned
    Not a warehouse deal either

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

I got a clearly used dehumidifier sold as new which has now been returned
    Not a warehouse deal either

You should kick up a fuss in a polite way. They'll fall over you to make you happy.

Most of the warehouse deals on amazon.uk will say either the packaging is damaged, as in the one i bought, a small tear on the box, or a small blemish on the product itself, as in a cm to 2cm scratch or the like, or returned for some reason, you get a 30 day return of the item if you can not live with the so called defect, and they grade the product, like new is mainly damaged packaging, very good, good, acceptable, not too sure about last two, but i would be pissed alright if i thought they were used items returned, amazon would probably say if they were, i have had no trouble with anything i have bought from the used menu sold by amazon warehouse deals. Amazon germany would be the same i think

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t even consider one
    Ill wait for a price drop on a new one and pay more
    If you’re lucky enough to nab one, It will be unused. So, you should consider it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Says the condition of the €129 is good and the €137 is very good. I'm tempted to go for the higher price one but it's definitely not refurbished as you can filter you selection and these cheap ones only show up when you chose used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Regular size Air Fryer back on sale for £65 on Amazon UK DOTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Do these usually get a lightning deal on Prime Day?

The XL is £155 but wondering will it drop further.

SachaJ wrote: »
    Do these usually get a lightning deal on Prime Day?

The XL is £155 but wondering will it drop further.
    Hard to say, but thats a decent price for sometning that will get plenty of use in the kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hard to say, but thats a decent price for sometning that will get plenty of use in the kitchen.

From what I can see on CCC it's the lowest price since March 2016 outside of any lightning deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone found theirs to get a bit smokey. Mine has been setting off the kitchen smoke alarm. I've cleaned it out well but not sure about the top ring. Anyone had similar issues they managed to resolve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

cronos wrote:
    Anyone found theirs to get a bit smokey. Mine has been setting off the kitchen smoke alarm. I've cleaned it out well but not sure about the top ring. Anyone had similar issues they managed to resolve?

Same here...check if bottom is clean...its generally old grime burning..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

When mine got smokey I just washed out the pull out section and then lined it with foil, then I just swap out the foil now and then depending on what I’m cooking, just roasting a ham joint for slicing up for sandwiches now and no smoke after 50 minutes cooking

Interesting. Do you put tin foil even above the food, where the rings are. Or just the inside bottom / sides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

There's definitely a market for some sort of silicone mould that can be placed in the airfryer under the basket to catch grease...I would buy a few to make cleaning up much easier..

• Advertisement
Advertisement