Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Am4 matx board

Options
  • 09-11-2017 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

To use with Ryzen 5 1600, i need
    6 X sata ports
    2 x gfx card slots
    compatible with Amd-v and IOMMU capable as I want to run Wn10 through unraid.

The two that seem best to me are Asus Tuf B350M & Gigabyte AB350 GA-AB350-Gaming 3, I have seen someone confirm they got a virtualisation working with the Gigabyte board but not the Asus. You get two free games at the moment buying an Asus board with a Ryzen chip which is a bonus.

I have heard a lot of negative things about MSI boards and ASRock.

Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or can point out any significant differences between the Asus and the Gigabyte.

There is a Biostar X370 Micro Atx board but its quite expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I've read that the second PCIE slot on the Gigabyte AB350M is PCIEX4. I don't know if that will affect what you're planning to do with your set up though.

I'm fairly happy with my mobo, I've got my ram 3000MHz running at 2933MHz using the XMP profile, and CPU overclocked to 3.9GHz. Was a little tricky as some of the settings in the BIOS are offsets, rather than letting you chose a set voltage or frequency.

It does have a ton of Sata ports and supports an M.2 Drive.

1x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support)
    6x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
    Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10

More info here (https://www.servethehome.com/gigabyte-ab350m-gaming-3-motherboard-review-small-form-factor-ryzen-powerhouse/)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Yes you are right it seems all micro atx boards 2nd slot are limited to pcie 2 x4 and that doesn't work for me at all as I need to have the primary card in there to avoid some kind of hassle filled workaround for unRaid wanting to use the primary slot for itself and passing through the second card to the Windows vm. Seems I may need to go for full Atx which is really far from ideal :(

Advertisement