Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Rock Repeater

Options
  • 09-11-2017 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    is the three rock repeater no more? I used to hear it in use regularly especially in the evening but i can't even get it to open now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mickfitzer

Hey,
    is the three rock repeater no more? I used to hear it in use regularly especially in the evening but i can't even get it to open now.

Hi,

The 70cm's repeater (433.225mhz) is off air for maintenance on 3Rock at the moment I think but the 2m repeater (145.600mhz) has been back up and running up the for the past few months

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

145.600 (from time to time) lately has been constantly keyed up for quite a few minutes at a time with interference.

Has anyone heard of any move to DMR in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mickfitzer

humaxf1 wrote: »
    145.600 (from time to time) lately has been constantly keyed up for quite a few minutes at a time with interference.

Has anyone heard of any move to DMR in Dublin?

Hi Humaxf1

I have heard the interference issue on EI2TRR (145.600Mhz) and I think that it is some sort of intermod issue perhaps on the repeater site itself.

Although it last for some time it does not cause any interference to the operation of the repeater itself as I have had a few qso's through the repeater while this interference was going on.

As for DMR,I have not heard of anything happening in the Dublin area,I don't operate DV myself (I prefer an analogue signal) but it really does seem to be taking off in different parts of the country.

Advertisement