Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time would chippers close night of match

Options
  • 09-11-2017 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Getting a 5.30am bus home after the sesh next Tuesday and wondering how long before they kick one out of club and by extenstion, chipper before the walk to Busaras?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Don't think chippers are going to let you hang around...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Birneybau wrote: »
    Don't think chippers are going to let you hang around...

Which is why i wanted to figure out closing time, so id stay in club (the sorts that open very late) then nab a bite to eat towards chipper closing time. Wouldnt hang around as such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just go to McDonalds or Burger King on O'Connell street. Opened 24/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

McDonalds or Burger King 24 hours, as mentioned above, after staying in a club til 3:30. Keep the phone charger handy to keep you going and it's not that bad of a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Not sure how late clubs will be on Tuesday. I thought they only go late Fri/Sat nights as that is the only time there is demand. The few times I've been out that late on a weeknight, I've noticed that some aren't open or close closer to 3.00.

As others have said, there are many 24-hour Burger King or McD's. But they will all have security guards, so make sure you are a polite/awake drunk and not a grumpy/sleepy/vomity mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Presumably there will be bar extensions for the match on Tuesday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Has there ever been? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Not sure what you mean by bar extensions. Most fans won't be looking to go out till 4-5 in the morning. Secondly, most of the late night venues wouldn't be looking for soccer fans (many having been drinking all day, strict dress codes etc). I think Coppers may have gone late-night recently (haven't been there is donkey's years), so may be ok with fans. But the other late-night venues would be considerably more upmarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,632 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

dotsman wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by bar extensions. Most fans won't be looking to go out till 4-5 in the morning. Secondly, most of the late night venues wouldn't be looking for soccer fans (many having been drinking all day, strict dress codes etc). I think Coppers may have gone late-night recently (haven't been there is donkey's years), so may be ok with fans. But the other late-night venues would be considerably more upmarket.

If we win -fingers crossed!- we are through to the World Cup so a lot of fans will want to celebrate that into the wee small hours

Advertisement