Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Kylemore is it closed?

Options
  • 09-11-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

As per title, does anyone know what happened to the care Kylemore on O'CONNELL St?
    Used to go there frequently but it has been refurbished and signs changed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Tow

It is back open, but has turned into a fancy new hip place...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hipster? Where are the blue rinse brigade and retired junkies going to gather now?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bambi wrote: »
    Hipster? Where are the blue rinse brigade and retired junkies going to gather now?

Ann's Bakery a few doors down.

L1011 wrote: »
    Ann's Bakery a few doors down.

I thought that was for the homeless?

I remember years ago going in there one pancake tuesday for some pancakes and there was this old geezer with a big scabby head nodding off in a chair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Kylemore was one of my childhood places. I'm kinda sad it's closed, but I do like the renovated look of the new place, whatever its name is, which I might consider going to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Have they changed the menu? I used to love getting a late irish breakfast there (only reason I have ever gone there).

I also went to Kylemore just for the breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Yeah its been changed totally, was looking at the menu yesterday when I was passing, its called Soma now.  They serve burgers and the like along the lines of Gourmet Burger Kitchen / The Counter.  Sad to see the Kylemore go, was always good for a late fry up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Aw no, passed a couple of weeks ago and noticed it was closed up and the Kylemore signage was gone but I wasn't sure if it was a renovation or a completely new business. It is sad to see an old place go despite the fact I was only in there I'd say less than 10 times over the years. Not really their number one customer :D

Edited to add: it sounds like a step up from the other types of fast food burger joints around O'Connell Street so I suppose that's not a bad thing. IS it the same as this place in Liffey Valley I wonder? https://www.facebook.com/somaburgerco

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

miamee wrote: »
    Aw no, passed a couple of weeks ago and noticed it was closed up and the Kylemore signage was gone but I wasn't sure if it was a renovation or a completely new business. It is sad to see an old place go despite the fact I was only in there I'd say less than 10 times over the years. Not really their number one customer :D

Edited to add: it sounds like a step up from the other types of fast food burger joints around O'Connell Street so I suppose that's not a bad thing. IS it the same as this place in Liffey Valley I wonder? https://www.facebook.com/somaburgerco
    I knew I seen the name somewhere before!  From a quick check it's the same place as in Liffey Valley.  Ate there before, food wasn't too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The first post on the linked Facebook page says its the same place.

Does anyone remember the Kylemore fires?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I liked it for the breakfast, and for sitting at a high table near the window watching North Earl Street. Haven't been paying attention lately, didn't even notice it had been closed or refurbished.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

I am disappointed myself that it is closed.I used to like going in there for a late breakfast and now I don't know where I can get that anymore.the carvery was decent too and not too expensive for a city centre restaurant

lovin spoonful is just down the road, does a decent breakfast, possibly all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

They still do breakfasts there, i havent been in it but i read the menu on the front

• Registered Users Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I only found out that Cafe Kylemore was gone last Friday when I was up there and replaced by a place that looks lovely but some of the staff in it are stuck up. I used to eat in Cafe Kylemore and use it for its toilets but I will not be using this new place if that's how the staff is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement