Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for an app - Where to start?

Options
  • 09-11-2017 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have an idea for an app (sports, booking, availability based) that I would like run past one of you guys, or any boardies you may have in mind that could help me quantify a very rough cost and workload needed to get up and running, or maybe just point me in the right direction, or even tell me I'm crazy and not to bother.

I've 0 experience in such things so at the idea stage.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

Hi everyone,

I have an idea for an app (sports, booking, availability based) that I would like run past one of you guys, or any boardies you may have in mind that could help me quantify a very rough cost and workload needed to get up and running, or maybe just point me in the right direction, or even tell me I'm crazy and not to bother.

I've 0 experience in such things so at the idea stage.

Thanks in advance

I'm not a developer but since this forum is dead now, I thought I'd reply.

What you'll want to do first is research the idea before you spend a lot of time mapping it all out only to find people aren't interested..

After that, and once you've gotten some strong feedback that this is something people would use, then I'd detail exactly what you need. Only then would I go to a developer or agency, since the cost and scale of any build is really going to depend on the features you need.

Then you also have to factor in design, UX work, etc. Not to mention - how do you plan to get traction? Marketing costs money, or at least requires a significant investment of time.

Advertisement