Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut lost payment issues.

• 09-11-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Wonder if anyone can help me with what I can do going forward.
    I had 180e left on my revolut card after a holiday. I transferred it into my credit card account on 17th oct. Unfortunately, I left out a reference for my credit card, so they rejected the payment.

It was rejected and sent back to revolut on the 20th october. Revolut cannot locate this.
    My credit card gave me the Iban, bic and two reference numbers of the account they sent the money back to.
    Its been 3 weeks now and revolut still can't locate the payment. Their support staff are giving me generic answers and keep asking me to get a return transfer confirmation from my bank. I have given them every single detail citibank have given me and they still cannot find it and have a tough luck attitude.

I dont know if they expect me just to give up and consider the money lost.
    Does anyone know if I have any legal comeback with them? I am digusted with how they are dealing with me. Will never be using them again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭chin nuts

Hi javaga just wondering have you any update on this. I'm having the same issue.

I transferred money on 14th June. Bank transfer to revolut as I was going to the UK for the weekend. 235 euro that never reached my revolut account. After 2 months they eventually found that i entered the beneficiary wrong. So according to them the money was returned to my own bank a week later.

Almost December now and still no sign. My own bank says the money was never returned. Revolut who are a subsidiary of Lloyds bank refuse to try and trace the transfer and maintain that it was sent and that is that.

I'm beyond raging. So if you have any update please let me know if if anyone reading this has some advice I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

chin nuts wrote: »
    Hi javaga just wondering have you any update on this. I'm having the same issue.

I transferred money on 14th June. Bank transfer to revolut as I was going to the UK for the weekend. 235 euro that never reached my revolut account. After 2 months they eventually found that i entered the beneficiary wrong. So according to them the money was returned to my own bank a week later.

Almost December now and still no sign. My own bank says the money was never returned. Revolut who are a subsidiary of Lloyds bank refuse to try and trace the transfer and maintain that it was sent and that is that.

I'm beyond raging. So if you have any update please let me know if if anyone reading this has some advice I'm all ears.

Hi Chin nuts,
    They plagued and plagued me for a "return transfer confirmation"
    I gave them all the details I had and no luck. Then I posted on their social media and emailed their payment processor explaining I was a member of a travel group of 100k potential customers. Had it back by the end of that day.

Dont envy you, they are horrible to deal with , terrible support staff.

Advertisement