Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Restaurant Recommendation???

Options
  • 09-11-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi There

I’m looking for a reliable Indian restaurant for tonight. I’m up in the “big smoke” for the week with some non-Irish colleagues. Any city centre located preferred....

Thanks in advance....

FPY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hi There

I’m looking for a reliable Indian restaurant for tonight. I’m up in the “big smoke” for the week with some non-Irish colleagues. Any city centre located preferred....

Thanks in advance....

FPY

Madina Desi Curry on Mary Street is the closest to good authentic Indian food in Ireland. Very good food and very reasonably priced. Not formal at all though so don't expect high end dining. It's a casual place with an open kitchen. Sit upstairs if you want a quieter ambiance. They don't serve alcohol though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

If on the south I'd recommend Spice of India on South William St. It does serve alcohol, informal and clean. Handy area for decent buzzy pubs for afters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Pickle Indian Camden street probably best Indian in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My pick for the best Indian is Pickle on Camden Street. Really creative and tasty, and there really isn't anywhere other than Pickle in the middle of town that I would go to.

If you want high-end Indian dining, then I'd recommend Kinara in Clontarf, Kinara Kitchen in Ranelagh or Ananda in Dundrum.

If you want a little more mid-market, then I'd recommend any of the Indie Spice restaurants.

And finally, if you want casual Indian food (no alcohol), then I'd really recommend Madina Desi. But it's pretty basic, really more suited to a quick bite than an actual meal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

And if it's just a big curryhouse for a group, with reliable food, Kathmandu Kitchen on Dame Street or the slightly smaller Diwali on George's Street. Same owners and same menu in both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement