Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For sale/Wanted Section

Options
  • 09-11-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭

Anyone think it would be worth having a wanted/for sale section, where people can offload unwanted or additional items ?

I would say for example, a good amount of hubs might be about the place that people might want to offload ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Sounds like a good idea. Other forums have a 'for sale' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Put on Adverts and link here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

SachaJ wrote: »
    Put on Adverts and link here?

Adverts is sh1te, it's a terrible format. Put something on for 50 get offered 5 and a swap for something you don't need and your ad is off to a bad start, happens every time.

I can remember the old Boards computer hardware buy and sell before adverts, it was great. Something like that would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Adverts is sh1te, it's a terrible format. Put something on for 50 get offered 5 and a swap for something you don't need and your ad is off to a bad start, happens every time.

I can remember the old Boards computer hardware buy and sell before adverts, it was great. Something like that would be ideal

I actually think the Adverts format is brilliant. Set a minimum offer and ignore the ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

SachaJ wrote: »
    I actually think the Adverts format is brilliant. Set a minimum offer and ignore the ****e.

The point about having it here iis it would be for users, and soecifixly smart home stuff, similar to the shooting forum for example, except without the firearms :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Go for it Wexfordman2 I'll stick it.

Had the idea intially but it didn't last remember nobody wanted our X10 gear

Anyway I'm tripping over spare Smartthings hubs and dam Nepalese Coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Stoner wrote: »
    For for it Wexfordman2 I'll stick it.

Had the idea intially but it didn't last remember nobody wanted our X10 gear

Feck it, I was looking for a smart things hub, just bought one from.Curry's onlone for a hundred yoyo.

Also gave away a load of x10 gear a few months back as well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Definitely a good idea, there's a good chance of shifting gear quicker on a dedicated forum like this where most would have an idea of what is is and if it would suit them.
    Probably gonna be a fair bit of redundant gear floating around after Black Friday.
    Mods, are there specific rules to follow re: advertising like this here? Eg post pictures, price and them buyer contacts and deals by pm?
    Can sold gear be removed afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Feck it, I was looking for a smart things hub, just bought one from.Curry's onlone for a hundred yoyo.

I was pulling your leg.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Stoner wrote: »

Mary?

• Advertisement
Advertisement