Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is something everyone knows about life but no one wants admit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

biko wrote: »
    Only two days in your life won't be 24 hours long

The day you were born and the day you die

Except that a day is actually 23hrs 56mins and 4secs long.
    (Sorry, just being pedantic :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

dizzy_87 wrote: »
    Tomato is a fruit

Or is it a culinary vegetable? We all know it is, but we wont admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Your 185 Millionth Great Grandfather was a Fish

wrong thread though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

One of us might get cancer at some point

How about Great Grandmother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

It's not what you know
    It's who you know
    And if it's not who you know
    It's what you know about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries :D

I fart in your general direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Life is just one big video game.

I have only just finished level two. A lot of my peers finished level two a good while back. They're motoring on with level four and five at this stage.

I'll take my time exploring and doing some side quests. I don't mind if it takes me longer to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

No matter how well you have it, life is ****... :(

Life is but a dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

You are ordinary. Pretty much everyone except the 0.00001 % will be forgotten in 100 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

wrong thread though.
    You're the wrong thread

A healthy lack of interest in other people's problems will stand to you in the long run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

If you have more than 1 child you will have a favourite.

i've 3 and I don't
    I've different craic with each, but not one I prefer or like hanging out with more.
    and when they wake me at 5am I hate them all equally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

biko wrote: »
    Only two days in your life won't be 24 hours long

The day you were born and the day you die

e40c814f113f4d605cef62c3d26f03fa--mind-blown-what-if.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

anna080 wrote: »
    Untrue. Most people are kind, decent and pleasant. Everyone has bad days. But I think for the most part, the average person is a good person with a good heart.

I'm sorry but that's a very naive attitude.
    It would be incorrect to say everyone on the planet is a jerk. Of course not. I'd say most are tho.

We all don't want to admit it but we are out for our own gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Life is really unfair. Nobody has all jam and velvet, nobody gets an easy ride. It's not your fault and they are not to blame: it is just - unfair, how life is.

I'd add: it's far more unfair on some than on others. For no apparent reason. You can be the most kind, caring, giving, honest and hard-working person and get royally screwed over when the cards of life are being dealt. Equally some of the biggest cunts you'll ever meet will have everything go their way and will experience joy, happiness, success and glory far beyond what they could ever possibly deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm sorry but that's a very naive attitude.
    It would be incorrect to say everyone on the planet is a jerk. Of course not. I'd say most are tho.

We all don't want to admit it but we are out for our own gain.

How is it naive? I actually think it's inaccurate to say the opposite. Look around you, can you honestly say that most of the people you engage with on a day to day basis are assholes? Your family? Your friends? Well then why would you apply that to wider society? It's simply not true. There are far more decent people out there than assholes. People can have bad days and bad attitudes but overall are good people and I think the good far outweighs the bad. Otherwise you would be dealing with cnuts 24/7.

• Advertisement

You're the wrong thread

Is that another thing that people know but won’t admit?

Dammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

branie2 wrote: »
    One of us might get cancer at some point

The only way you wont is by being killed by something else before it gets you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

How is it naive? I actually think it's inaccurate to say the opposite. Look around you, can you honestly say that most of the people you engage with on a day to day basis are assholes? Your family? Your friends? Well then why would you apply that to wider society? It's simply not true. There are far more decent people out there than assholes. People can have bad days and bad attitudes but overall are good people and I think the good far outweighs the bad. Otherwise you would be dealing with cnuts 24/7.

Everyone has their circle . Usually Family and close friends. The rest can sod off is the general mentality.

But people are as*holes behind your back in this world. It's not what someone says to your face. It's what they do behind you back. People don't like confrontation.

Life is a rat race. Sure we all look like we're playing a fair and honest game but we're not.

Sad fact is Anna, most people in this world will step over you for their personal gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Most, if not all, people would murder if the situation was right. The human instinct for survival is strong.

Everyone has their circle . Usually Family and close friends. The rest can sod off is the general mentality.

But people are as*holes behind your back in this world. It's not what someone says to your face. It's what they do behind you back. People don't like confrontation.

Life is a rat race. Sure we all look like we're playing a fair and honest game but we're not.

Sad fact is Anna, most people in this world will step over you for their personal gain.

I guess it's too subjective to definitively answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Unless your a primary teacher,or work in hospitals with the sick

None of us work anyway important/beneficial for others jobs and can easily be replaced

Fire brigades? Farmers? Policemen? Electricity/water supply workers? honestly primary school teacher is pretty far down the list..wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Untrue. Most people are kind, decent and pleasant. Everyone has bad days. But I think for the most part, the average person is a good person with a good heart.

Depends how you see it. Most people are decent because they have no reason to not be decent to you, most of us are pretty inconsequential to one another so why not be pleasant, may as well. I think if you were to test whether somebody would be there for you if money was on the line, or they had to go out of their own way, or status or some other important factor was on the line then itd be a different story. Humans are inherently selfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Unless your a primary teacher,or work in hospitals with the sick

None of us work anyway important/beneficial for others jobs and can easily be replaced

Speak for yourself.

Science and engineering are the only jobs that contributes to human advancement. Without them we'd be stuck in the middle ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Life is just one big video game.

I have only just finished level two. A lot of my peers finished level two a good while back. They're motoring on with level four and five at this stage.

I'll take my time exploring and doing some side quests. I don't mind if it takes me longer to finish.

Just to let you know, if you ever want to win the lotto then
    Up,up, a, a, left, b, left, down.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Just to let you know, if you ever want to win the lotto then
    Up,up, a, a, left, b, left, down.

You arsehole. A bee hive just spawned in the corner of my sitting room. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

'Money cant buy you happiness' is bull$hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lackey wrote: »
    'Money cant buy you happiness' is bull$hit

It can if you are unhappy about being broke.
    If you are unhappy about something else,it can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

You are only remembered until the last person that knew you dies. Then you are just a name.

You are only remembered until the last person that knew you dies. Then you are just a name.

Unless you're Joe Dolan. Then you get a bronze statue in Mullingar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

That it sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

In 1 million years none of this will matter, everything you are doing now is utterly pointless in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭miss flutter ups

eeguy wrote: »
    Speak for yourself.

Science and engineering are the only jobs that contributes to human advancement. Without them we'd be stuck in the middle ages.

But you still need a decent education and good health care before becoming an engineer/scientist.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Are those the words? I always thought it was, "He's got his tambourines." :o
    I thought it was "He's got his Drum and Bass!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

People who say stuff like "Friends would throw you under a bus given the chance" are referring to just THEIR tendencies, views and experiences, and perhaps it makes them feel better to convince themselves that that is the reality for everyone else (when it isn't).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Pissing in the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

everyone and I mean everyone picks their nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

We are longer dead, than we are alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

In 1 million years none of this will matter, everything you are doing now is utterly pointless in the long run.

Don't worry about the long-term, what it's all about is keeping yourself happy or contented in this life. The only one who can make you happy is yourself and the only one who can make you unhappy is yourself. If you are happy there is a good chance that this will help others around you to some degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

For every person now alive there are fifteen who have lived before for that is the ratio by which dead outnumber the living...

Jesus could return at any time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Macmillan150

That being nice does you no good ( except to your children)

Santy is watching you

branie2 is Boards poster of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Jaysus, when did the edgelord train pull into the station?

Being nice/pleasant is even known in sociology to have a positive effect on average for the individual.

Same with "most people are assholes", where is the evidence of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

Fourier wrote: »
    Jaysus, when did the edgelord train pull into the station?

Being nice/pleasant is even known in sociology to have a positive effect on average for the individual.

Same with "most people are assholes", where is the evidence of that?
    As someone already said, it's projection.

Their reality is their reality but they are incorrect in deciding that that's the reality for everyone else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement