Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is something everyone knows about life but no one wants admit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭kerryjack

We are just another animal a small bit smarter than our pet dog although I do wonder at times, specially when I see him in his basket beside the stove and I heading out to work at 6 am he might peep up at me but he nods off again it sure is a dog's life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Money can make you happy. It solves a lot of problems before they arise. I've encountered one or two obstacles in the last year that made me think to myself if I was skint id be screwed in this situation. More money = less problems, less problems = less unhappiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

MadYaker wrote: »
    Money can make you happy. It solves a lot of problems before they arise. I've encountered one or two obstacles in the last year that made me think to myself if I was skint id be screwed in this situation. More money = less problems, less problems = less unhappiness.

Totally true. Money doesn't make you happy but it prevents a lot of things making you sad.

Same situation as yourself. The old boiler broke and we needed a replacement which isnt cheap. If we were skint then that situation would have put a huge amount of stress on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

We've all passed through a vaginal canal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

anna080 wrote: »

I kept my arms tucked in and didn't touch the sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

C-sections?

Creol1 wrote: »
    C-sections?

Who mentioned births?
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Who mentioned births?

My point still stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Everybody is racist. Some admit it, some pretend they're not, some go out of their to try and convince themselves that they are not. It's naturally instinctive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Everybody is racist. Some admit it, some pretend they're not, some go out of their to try and convince themselves that they are not. It's naturally instinctive.
    It's an evolutionary trait. We shouldn't be too hard on ourselves for feeling it, just for acting on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

That a lot of people with kids wish they had never had them and hate their new lifestyles after becoming a parent.

Good book by a data analyst "Everybody lies. What the internet can tell us about who we really are" (or something like that) that details the most popular Google searches and mothers regretting having kids is up there.

Basically the book is how everyone tells the truth to Google and lies (to themselves and others) like a ****er on Facebook.

I wonder how common this is?

I'm 26. It's probably expected of me to get married and have kids.
    I'm still unsure.

Is it worth it?

I’m the same so I can’t answer you! Most people give out about their lives constantly after them though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I’m the same so I can’t answer you! Most people give out about their lives constantly after them though!
    The only advantage seems to be;
    Having someone to look after you when youre ancient.
    Genetic success and keeping your parents happy.

The only advantage seems to be;
    Having someone to look after you when youre ancient.
    Genetic success and keeping your parents happy.

And lots of kids doesn’t mind their parents so it’s the most absurd reason imaginable! I know plenty of parents whose kids are all living in different countries and other end of the country and might as well not have had them save for the odd visit and phonecall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

The question is, do women do the same?!

If I meet a guy I find physically attractive, my brain will go “hey, he’s a little bit hot” but that’s about it really. Wouldn’t be thinking about bedding him or anything unless there was some serious flirting going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I wonder how common this is?

I'm 26. It's probably expected of me to get married and have kids.
    I'm still unsure.

Is it worth it?

Children's are like horses - there is no guarantee as to how they will turn out. They may turn out well - but no surprise if they dont. There no certainty that you get to keep them either ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

That a lot of people with kids wish they had never had them and hate their new lifestyles after becoming a parent.

That a lot of people who decided that they didn't want kids regret their decision when it's biologically too late ..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have 3 kids and at times I would love an hour to myself, but wouldn't change a thing.

In fact, often when I get some free time to myself, I miss them and don't know what to do with myself!

Best thing I've ever done (imho).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

What Mammy and Daddy did to get you...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Unless your a primary teacher,or work in hospitals with the sick

None of us work anyway important/beneficial for others jobs and can easily be replaced

Firemen ambulance drivers/paramedics Gardai, coastguard, social workers.
    That’s off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

MadDog76 wrote: »
    That a lot of people who decided that they didn't want kids regret their decision when it's biologically too late ..........

Yes and a lot of people have kids as they are afraid they will regret not having them 😂 ...and then regret having them!

Yes and a lot of people have kids as they are afraid they will regret not having them �� ...and then regret having them!

Eh ........ yeah .......... I think you made that point already ......... anything new to add? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have 3 kids and at times I would love an hour to myself, but wouldn't change a thing.

In fact, often when I get some free time to myself, I miss them and don't know what to do with myself!

Best thing I've ever done (imho).

With almost 14,000 posts on boards.ie I would say you know exactly what to do with your free time....:D:D

Eh ........ yeah .......... I think you made that point already ......... anything new to add? :cool:

No if you can read you will be able to see I did not say that already. I took your point and expanded on it? So yes I have something new to add and I said it. Thanks for asking!

No if you can read you will be able to see I did not say that already. I took your point and expanded on it? So yes I have something new to add and I said it. Thanks for asking!

Ok so ......... "backs away slowly" ........ :D

Ok so ......... "backs away slowly" ........ :D

I missed you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Untrue. Most people are kind, decent and pleasant. Everyone has bad days. But I think for the most part, the average person is a good person with a good heart.

If that's true, then can you explain why in 1985, in a song entitled 'A Good Heart' Feargal Sharkey sang: 'A good heart these days is hard to find'? I mean, according to you, and I don't want to put words in your mouth or anything, you said: "most people" have a good heart. Not only that, but you also then went on to say: "the average person" had a good heart.

I mean, you do realise that Maria McKee wrote that song about her relationship with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers keyboard player Benmont Tench, right? So you're trying to tell us all that Maria McKee's a liar, that she made the whole thing up, is that it? She just decided, in probably the best decade for music since time began, to start writing songs with lies in them??

And Dave Stewart (from the Eurythmics) who produced the song, didn't care that she was lying?? He went along with whole thing just for money I suppose. Sigh. Okay, fair enough, you could say that Maria McKee perhaps had a reason to lie, as she was only 19 at the time and was a struggling to make ends meet, but David Stewart was rich, anna! Why would he go along with it all? He wouldn't, and you know he wouldn't.

Good hearts ARE hard to find. Cut the bullshit.
    umless you're a cannibal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Untrue. Most people are kind, decent and pleasant. Everyone has bad days. But I think for the most part, the average person is a good person with a good heart.

If that's true, then can you explain why in 1985, in a song entitled 'A Good Heart' Feargal Sharkey sang: 'A good heart these days is hard to find'? I mean, according to you, and I don't want to put words in your mouth or anything, you said: "most people" have a good heart. Not only that, but you also then went on to say: "the average person" had a good heart.

I mean, you do realise that Maria McKee wrote that song about her relationship with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers keyboard player Benmont Tench, right? So you're trying to tell us all that Maria McKee's a liar, that she made the whole thing up, is that it? She just decided, in probably the best decade for music since time began, to start writing songs with lies in them??

And Dave Stewart (from the Eurythmics) who produced the song, didn't care that she was lying?? He went along with whole thing just for money I suppose. Sigh. Okay, fair enough, you could say that Maria McKee perhaps had a reason to lie, as she was only 19 at the time and was a struggling to make ends meet, but David Stewart was rich, anna! Why would he go along with it all? He wouldn't, and you know he wouldn't.

Good hearts ARE hard to find. Cut the bullshit.
    unless you're a cannibal

Everyone gets a PM by The Backwards Man at some point.

I missed you!

I'm never too far away Perse! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People with their own homes here are all boo-hoo about the housing crisis and the homelessness situ, but will they allow high rise or social housing or a homeless hostel in their area?

They will like fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Eating meat when we don't have to just might be the wrong thing to do.

cantdecide wrote: »
    Eating meat when we don't have to just might be the wrong thing to do.

But rashers and sausage samitches? And other delectable piggy foods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

But rashers and sausage samitches? And other delectable piggy foods.

Well, it's their own fault for being delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Basically the book is how everyone tells the truth to Google and lies (to themselves and others) like a ****er on Facebook.

I've heard of the book but I'm not all that sure I agree with the thinking behind it.

I've googled some weird shít!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Prune Tracy

Johngoose wrote: »
    That politicians couldn't give a fcuk about the ordinary person in reality.Regardless of which party they are a member of, it is their own position and gain that interests the.
    That's being said day in, day out.

What you're less likely to hear admitted is that there are politicians who genuinely do give a **** about the greater good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That men have a chat with Pam every day.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭kerryjack

That men have a chat with Pam every day.

Ya even the pope woke up with a hardone some morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Nobody in Ireland (apart from Protestants, the privately educated and some people from Limerick) likes or understands rugby. They just pretend to because the Irish rugby team is successful right now and the football team isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

People are attracted to others of the same skin colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

BillyBobBS wrote: »

Ehh what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

RayM wrote: »
    Nobody in Ireland (apart from Protestants, the privately educated and some people from Limerick) likes or understands rugby. They just pretend to because the Irish rugby team is successful right now and the football team isn't.

That's some quality trolling right there. I just had to talk myself out of an angry tirade!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I guess that often in this life, one had to spend time with people you really would rather not; Certain relations, work colleagues, housemates etc and have a smile painted on your face the whole time in an effort to 'get along'.

Then again, I'm sure we all know this already.

I'm attracted to women who are the same colour as me. I'm also attracted to women who are a different colour to me.

So technically at least, you are correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm attracted to phasty?

Don't think so mate.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm attracted to phasty?

Don't think so mate.

Phasty??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

BillyBobBS wrote:

Not quite.
    I'm Irish and I find dark Greek/Turkish/Egyptian men attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I like the Irish blue skin, where it's so pale you can see the veins underneath.

Not quite.
    I'm Irish and I find dark Greek/Turkish/Egyptian men attractive.

Sure those Greeks invented gayness:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement