Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sundried tomatoes not in oil

Options
  • 09-11-2017 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering where i can get bags of dehydrated sundried tomatoes in Dublin. They are the ones that would need to be refreshed in warm (boiling ?) water.

Has anyone used these before ? Is the flavour different (once refreshed) compared to the regular ones in oil ?

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I've bought bags of them in Lidl. They're less sweet and more smokey then jarred sundried tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I know I got them in my local super value about a month back...I find them fine once well rehydrated but not quite as nice as those in oil.. I find the dry ones better if using for cooking rather than if using say in a cold dish..
    Any particular reason you can’t use the ones in oil...using kitchen towel normally removes a lot of the oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Thanks for the replies, it's for making tomato soup, so the dried ones sound quite suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Just an FYI for anyone looking for these. I found large bags in Caterway in Smithfield for €7 and 1kg tubs of semi-dried tomatoes for €12.70 which seem like very good quality

Advertisement