Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet x reviews

Options
  • 09-11-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

So I would really like to take up some cross racing along with my commuting and was recently recommended to get a Planet X bike.

This one specifically...
    https://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBPXXLSTIAG/planet-x-xls-shimano-tiagra-4700-cyclocross-bike

I haven't been able to find much online in ways of reviews and I was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction?

To give a little more info, the bike will be used primarily as a commuter bike with some off road at the weekends.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Yep, good recommendation

Planet X are well known, I've had a few of their carbon road bikes, always liked them
    Generally they are very good value for money and we'll spec-ced

That one you linked is a nice bike, only weak point may be the wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Looks like a great commuter bike. Get some mudguards and you’re sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Nice looking bike

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

Plus 1 for Planet X bikes.

I had a pro carbon with full Ultegra and absolutely loved it. Sold it to make way for a BMC and regretted it the minute it was gone.

I'm considering getting the EC130 Aero if I'm allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

I've a 2009 pro carbon and use it all year round and could never fault it and I will never sell it, I've upgraded it to ultegra and I'm sure it will get upgraded again in a few years.
    Hard to beat them for value

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Super bike
    Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭danburke

Thanks lads! ordering it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Let us know how you get on, including delivery, please? Often tempted by the bikes, but never pulled the trigger (and also looking at cx/ gravel bikes!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

might be worth looking at www.planetxireland.com as they has some good deals on at the minute or might be able to price match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

http://planetxireland.com/products-page/cyclo-cross/planet-x-xls-shimano-tiagra-11-cyclocross-bike/

150€ more here
    when you factor in postage and waiting time, gbp to euro etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Well just clicked the euro button on the planet x site - nice 90 euro mark up they're given themselves on stg£ v € price on the full monty I was looking at!

Advertisement