Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubarry boots

Options
  • 09-11-2017 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Had anyone else bought these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

My partner bought a pair after I egged her on, bought a couple of imitation ones but they all went to bits. Shes really happy with them and they are wearing very well

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭seekers

They are really fabulous boots and I was actually surprised how waterproof they are

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

She got the kinda muted colour ones and cleans them and reproofs often enough and they are super hard wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm not sure how much stock they have these days, but you used to be able to get great bargains at the factory store in Ballinasloe if you're ever near there - they sell seconds, but it's usually only tiny cosmetic flaws on them.

I've got a few pairs of the leather sailing boots in the past and they were basically half price.

They were always super-helpful on the phone if you're not down that way and don't want to make the journey just on spec, you can find out what they have on the shelves.

I'd forgotten that they have to be treated. I still think they are comfortable and very stylish. How often do they have to be treated?

• Advertisement

In the last few days, these boots have been the best thing I have ever bought. They are way more comfortable and warmer than wellies and they have got very wet especially since the snow thawed but they are still waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Same, I have Galways and they've paid for themselves ten times over in this weather. Will need to give them a bit of tlc now once it clears.

Advertisement