Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home alarm system

Options
  • 09-11-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi guys,
    im looking at installing a reasonably basic home alarm system and was looking for your thoughts on one i found on amazon. Fortress Security Store (TM) S02-A Wireless Home Security Alarm System DIY Kit with Auto Dial is the name. it has massively favouable reviews, but i'm wonder what the experts think! i'm not looking for a monitored system at all. i'm in a mid terrace with new windows/doors that are high security, so this is more of a peace of mind job.

is that kind of system worth even having? with the prices i've seen mentioned here for some of the proper kits, it seems too cheap to be true. thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Best avoided . No mention of compliance to standards & full of contradictions like this one...
    Complete with magnetic sensors for windows and doors, the unit detects any forceable break in
    Magnetic sensors detect opening, the DO NOT detect forceable break in. Wi only contacts on a window you could put a brick through your window & the alarm wont activate.

Advertisement