Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with closing my account

Options
  • 09-11-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I've tried to close my bank account using the closure form on the Bank of Ireland website.

I filled the form twice over the month and my account is still open so there's something wong here.
    Does the form send a message to my phone asking for confirmation ? The form doesn't accept my french phone number so if it does I can't receive it. (I filled the form using my old Irish phone number that I don't have access to anymore)

How am I supposed to close my account and send the money to my french bank account ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Palba87 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've tried to close my bank account using the closure form on the Bank of Ireland website.

I filled the form twice over the month and my account is still open so there's something wong here.
    Does the form send a message to my phone asking for confirmation ? The form doesn't accept my french phone number so if it does I can't receive it. (I filled the form using my old Irish phone number that I don't have access to anymore)

How am I supposed to close my account and send the money to my french bank account ?
    Hi Palba87,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Sorry to hear that you have not received a notification on your account closure request. We usually would send a text message to the number you have on your account. As you mention you no longer have access to the number you had in Ireland, it would be necessary to close your account by posting a letter. Please post the letter to your account holding branch. 

Please include your name, account number, signature, and contact number should your branch need to contact you. Please also include the BIC and IBAN details of the account you wish any remaining funds (over €5) to be sent to. You can find your account holding branch address details here

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement