Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver WarGames

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

That was an awesome match.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

These NXT events are so fast moving compared to the main roster ppvs. Triple H your time too take it all is now but owl Vince will do it til the day he dies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    These NXT events are so fast moving compared to the main roster ppvs. Triple H your time too take it all is now but owl Vince will do it til the day he dies

There fast moving but you never get the feeling matches got there time cut or anything

The girl who sings ember moons theme song is Irish AFAIK. Her name is Lesley Roy and she is from Balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Peyton looks amazing tonight

• Advertisement

Wow didn't expect that

Is drew legit injured, looked like something went wrong there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

well as the show was originally created by the American Dream it was good to see Black and Dream have the match of the night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Dream and Black was a great bout. Nice surprise as well as they could easily have given it half the time.

Drew and Cien was also very good but hard to follow up with false finishes after the Dream and Black bout.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Another quality show. They make each Takeover seem more of an event than the main roster PPVs.

Think Dream and Black had one of the best matches of the night. Dream's really channeling Rick Rude. Was thinking that if Black didn't say his name then it could be continued in a "Say my name" match like an "I Quit" match.

For the men's title match, I think the finish was changed since it seems Drew's now got a suspected torn bicep. And think Andrade had genuine shock and surprise with the victory. But I think he did earn it in that match and lately, so not disappointed he got it.

For the War Games match, think it's safe to say that Shane's coast-to-coast will be far less impressive after seeing Dane do it. Messy match as expected but really enjoyed it. Looked like Wolfe cut himself badly somehow going by the amount of time he was down and the amount of blood on the table.

Couple other things:
    1. I saw through Cena's disguise of becoming a referee by layering on fake tan
    2. Once again, the director of the show was a letdown missing things like Black doing his impression of Dream or one of AoP mirroring Dane. There were other things as well which we didn't get to see properly until the replays.

When I hear AoP named as Rezar I always expect the other to be Tokka

Post show interview between Paul and Cathy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Wow didn't expect that

Is drew legit injured, looked like something went wrong there ??

MRI booked for tomorrow seemingly. Would wonder if Andrade winning was called on the fly then again it makes perfect sense story wise; from witless playboy doing jobs to champion in the space of a year with the right management.

I'm officially a believer in Dream after last night. Character intrigues me more than Black right now.

What can you say about the main event. The entrances alone had me pumped and it only got better from there. Can see the Undisputed Era getting fast tracked to the main roster. They looked a million bucks; reminded me of Owens run in that from the beginning you knew he was far too good to stay there for an extended period.

If Drew is legit injured let Roddy go for the title as he would work better opposed to Andrade than Cole. Just let that mother fcuker go up to the main roster with O'Reilly and Fish.

Sanity are ready to move up also.

Probably controversial to say but thought Nikki deserved to win last night. Character wise and story wise (barely losing a LWS match against Asuka) she deserved it.

I don't think AOP would make good singles stars and should always be considered a team, out of sanity I think only Eric Young and maybe Cillian Dane would make good singles stars. The undisputed era are awesome and I can see these being the new shield type team at some point

Love the war games match and the Dream vs Black match. Personally i thought NXT would go downhill when the big guys like Roode, Nakamura, Balor etc moved up but I've been proven wrong it's in awesome shape now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

My thoughts on the show as a whole

Sullivan vs Ohno was exactly what I expected. Ohno to throw a tonne of strikes and Lars looking like a monster no selling them.

Black vs Dream was a perfect character match. Some really good action and the first 5 minutes or so with Black controlling Dream with his wrestling was very well done. Dream lost as expected but is the perfect example of getting over by losing. Black is a mega star in waiting and I hope WWE dont screw up with him.

The Womens 4 way was disappointing to me. I actually expected it to steal the show. Instead it was good but not close to great. Surprised at Ember winning but she got a great home state reaction so good for her.

Drew vs Almas was really really good and bordering on **** for me but the clunkiness detracted slightly from it for me. And Zelina was too physically involved for me but those are minor complaints. Almas deserves this after really getting over in the past few months and its refreshing to see NXT go with the hottest character as champ for a change. Hope Drew isnt hurt too badly but sometime off and a main roster return post Mania would be great for him.

War Games match was good. Have seen some insane people call it ***** but its nowhere close IMO. I enjoyed it and particularly Eric Young, Killian Dain and Roddy held the match together at points. Undisputed Era are weird one for me. Im happy they are in NXT and have no doubt Cole is getting a huge push as WWE had been trying to sign him for 3 years but they havnt been great so far. I am going to give them time and look forward to KOR and Fish tearing up the tag division while hopefully Cole steps up to be THE MAN on NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Is he suppose to be a tough gay guy ???

What a cool move he just done, amazing that this guy didn't win tough enough and the guy who did got released

He stood out on tough enough as the only guy who gave a crap about wrestling, think it was the Japan network show that was on during it that he was the only one to bother getting up to watch. Genuine interest in the business was always going to outlast a big guy who did a Chewbacca impression he thought sounded like a yeti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Who the **** is calling the War games match ****? For real? Wouldn't even call such detractors smarks, more so just stupid and miserable *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a very good show.

I enjoyed the opener. I love Lars Sullivan. He reminds me of a 21st century version of Mad Dog Vachon. I could see him doing well on the main roster but I would worry their writers would start having him say really dumb verbiage. I think with this guy the less he says the better as his wildman persona doesn't require much talking. I liked the spot where he had Ohno up in mid-air and caught him for the powerslam.

The Black/Dream match was excellent. This went exactly how it should have and I thought Velveteen looked a star. Some guys have "it" and some don't. This guy has it down. I especially liked that twisting DDT he did at one point. That doesn't mean they couldn't kill him on the main roster but if he is allowed to flourish I think he can go far. Black has a fun character as well and he impressed me. The post-match moment was perfect.

I thought the women's match was quite good. Some fun combination spots. I didn't expect Ember to win as I thought Peyton might steal a pin somewhere.

The title match was very good. I really like the Almas/Vega double act. I thought beforehand it would be too soon for Drew to lose the title but given the injury news it turns out I was wrong.

The main event was a very good bout. I thought it was a bit dull in the early stages when we waited for all the teams to enter and I thought it went a little long by the end but overall it was fun. I was disappointed though that Undisputed Era won as I find them a very overrated act. I see them being exposed badly on the main roster when they go up against bigger men. Speaking of bigger men, for me Dain was the star of this match and I thought he stepped up considerably. I was so impressed that I wanted Sanity to win when I had been ambivalent about the result at the start.

All in all, a thumbs up show.

Love the war games match and the Dream vs Black match. Personally i thought NXT would go downhill when the big guys like Roode, Nakamura, Balor etc moved up but I've been proven wrong it's in awesome shape now

Kinda thought that as well but I think they're most of the guys with baggage. The ones who came to NXT as indie darlings. Personally before they appeared in NXT i think the only guys i knew were Strong, EY and Drew. Now we're seeing more of the Performance Centre graduates such as AoP, Dream and Sullivan getting a chance to step up alongside indie guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Velveteen Dream is only 22. Serious talent and charisma to have at that age.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I always enjoy seeing all these guys who look amazing, and who will be utterly and instantly wrecked when they get to the main roster :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Who the **** is calling the War games match ****? For real? Wouldn't even call such detractors smarks, more so just stupid and miserable *****.

Not sure if people are calling it 4 stars or sh*t

• Advertisement
Advertisement