Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Questions about a new build

Options
  • 09-11-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, my dad is looking at getting a new PC and he mentioned the Titan X video card. I was having a look there and see a lot of recommendations for the 1080 over the Titan. He was hoping to build the whole PC for around 1500. What would your advice be around the very high end gpu's like titans and 1080s?

Also is there somewhere you could recommend that do good prices on PC's where they are already made? I understand there is cost savings from building your own but frankly I have very little knowledge myself on what motherboard and cpu's go together etc.

Would it be feasible to do a really high end PC for 1500? Don't need a monitor. Also, would it be possible to have 2 pcs connected to 1 monitor and just switch between them?

Any info much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey guys, my dad is looking at getting a new PC and he mentioned the Titan X video card. I was having a look there and see a lot of recommendations for the 1080 over the Titan. He was hoping to build the whole PC for around 1500. What would your advice be around the very high end gpu's like titans and 1080s?

Also is there somewhere you could recommend that do good prices on PC's where they are already made? I understand there is cost savings from building your own but frankly I have very little knowledge myself on what motherboard and cpu's go together etc.

Would it be feasible to do a really high end PC for 1500? Don't need a monitor. Also, would it be possible to have 2 pcs connected to 1 monitor and just switch between them?

Any info much appreciated, thanks!

The Titan costs €1000-1500 depending on model...

Go to http://www.LogicalIncrements.com and have a look at their build prices.

Yes you can have 2 PCs connected to 1 monitor, same way you can have multiple consoles hooked up to a TV. No point though.
    Just create extra user profiles in Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyone any recommendations for good retailers in ireland/uk where you order a PC but get to select key components?

Or if not, one with good selection of high end gaming PCs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Scan UK

Overclockers UK

Dell

There's others of course but those 3 have good rep.
    What games will be played?

Thanks for that, don't actually know what games will be played, he was just saying his old PC is starting to slow with new games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement