Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media Price Increase/ Contract Change

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Tell them been offered better deal with say sky.

Lie if need to be and you will get what you won't you need to speak like a business man closing a deal go in with wonting 9 months 1/2 price and you will get

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

I cancelled my subscription as the best they'd offer me was 3 months half price

I called the loyalty team a few times since and never got offered any more than 3 months

Got a call on Saturday and was got 12 months half price to stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

you phone 1908 , who/what dept do you ask for ? is it straight to a/c's or do you ask for loyalty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

6 months 15 euro off 55

I hate VM though, as good as their product may be

Have saorview and satellite for tv

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roxana

I got the same offer at the second call, but can't accept that knowing what some of you here got - half price would be reasonable, so denied, and got another "sorry you're leaving" email.

TrustedApple if only that would be so simple.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭warmblood

Hi ,persist as I rang 3 different persons over the past week and eventually got my 9 months half price.Thats my third one of these .So just dig in and you will succeed 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

6 months 15 euro off 55

I hate VM though, as good as their product may be

Have saorview and satellite for tv

That’s all I got too. Maybe we’re in a weaker position because we only use their broadband. At least it nullifies the increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

jakdublin wrote: »
    That’s all I got too. Maybe we’re in a weaker position because we only use their broadband. At least it nullifies the increase.

I only ever had broadband and have got 9 mths half off for last 3 years.You have to be prepared to cancel and stand firm

Does anyone know what the penalty is if you cancel while in contract? My contract ends in April but I'm wary of negotiating a new one now because I might be moving abroad next year and need to cancel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭serox_21

200 Euro penalty if you close a contract before 12 months.
    I've extended mine a few days ago and this was one of the terms spoken on the phone before confirming the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

serox_21 wrote: »
    I've extended mine a few days ago and this was one of the terms spoken on the phone before confirming the deal.

Might cancel mine as part of 14 day cooling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Does anyone know what the penalty is if you cancel while in contract? My contract ends in April but I'm wary of negotiating a new one now because I might be moving abroad next year and need to cancel it.

Just go on the 30 day rolling contract

serox_21 wrote: »

Ah ok, that would probably cancel out any savings I'd make negotiating a discount. Oh well, at least I'll start making them send me paper bills :mad:

Just go on the 30 day rolling contract

Well I will do that once my contract is up but it's not any cheaper than what I currently pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

I got the email, called and was told I was out of contract since June. Paying 84 euro now and wondering if it's be best to cancel and start a new contract?

Renegotiate existing contract you can get at least 6 month half price.
    You can get a better deal than what's currently available online.

Ah, was just offered (same services 360mb/landline(never used), tv)
    - 69 - first 6 months
    - 79 - remainder 6 months

Is this a good deal? I think it is :D

* I haven't accepted, said I'll get back to them

69 for 6 moths!
    only a 10 euro off? That's not a good deal. At least half was a good deal.

Yeah I tried to get them to do better but they said that's the best they could offer. Should I try the 061 number?
    - in Jan it's going up to 90 if I don't start a new contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

SDKev wrote: »
    I cancelled my subscription as the best they'd offer me was 3 months half price

I called the loyalty team a few times since and never got offered any more than 3 months

Got a call on Saturday and was got 12 months half price to stay

how long had you left to go, I'm due to exit on the 11th Dec and no calls yet from them

• Advertisement

Yeah I tried to get them to do better but they said that's the best they could offer. Should I try the 061 number?
    - in Jan it's going up to 90 if I don't start a new contract

Call them again tomorrow. You will speak with someone else. Start from current offer, saying you called the competition(sky, eir) and got a better deal. In order to continue with VM request at least 6 months half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

Took 20 mins but I was extremely nice to the women on the other end and referenced the Vodafone offer... got 9 months half price ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Celt1

What's the 061 number for Loyalty Dept anyone? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Ah ok, that would probably cancel out any savings I'd make negotiating a discount. Oh well, at least I'll start making them send me paper bills :mad:

Ring them. They may give you a discount if you start a new contract. I did it in the past when I had 3 months remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Celt1 wrote: »
    What's the 061 number for Loyalty Dept anyone? Thanks

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057667790&page=67

See post #999

Can a mod combine the 2 Virgin threads? Seems a bit pointless having 2 on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

bromley52 wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057667790&page=67

See post #999

Can a mod combine the 2 Virgin threads? Seems a bit pointless having 2 on the go.

I wish you luck. I've PM'ed 3 times asking. No response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Just called 1908 and option 1 - spoke to a nice gent and he gave me €10 off for next 6 months...... No,No, No i cried in a oh so polite manner, 50% off for next 6 months... happy with that to be honest as did not want to push it with 9 months just in case told to do one. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Offered 15 off for 6 months on 360mb bb and phone

Said nah, The only way you can match the competitor is 9 months half price or 40% off for the year.

Came back and said that's final offer.

Said your giving people better deals and moving saves me 300 a year, plus free sports with eir, and they are rolling out 1000mb speeds which is 3 times faster, I'll meet in the middle and settle for 6 months. Happy enough with that.

All done and dusted on chat in 5 mins.

usually never accept anything less than 9 but will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Spoke with a very nice lady in VM.

Eventually managed to get 9 months half price on the full 360MB/TV/Phone package.

Sorted for another 12 months :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

evostik wrote: »
    Spoke with a very nice lady in VM.

Eventually managed to get 9 months half price on the full 360MB/TV/Phone package.

Sorted for another 12 months :)

Were you offered the 9 months half price deal before? Is this your second contract with 9 months at half price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm a pretty good person for being polite and working deals, but Virgin seem to have an upper hand when you play the eir Fibre roll out card.

On two occasions I've been well versed with the information and their roll out map, but they seem to be one step ahead noting their new cabinets and FTTH routes. How does anyone get around this?

Obviously this would be the only service which could match or beat their service, but I don't get any way ahead of them on it. In Dublin, especially, they seem to have all the answers on what eir are up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

I'm a pretty good person for being polite and working deals, but Virgin seem to have an upper hand when you play the eir Fibre roll out card.

On two occasions I've been well versed with the information and their roll out map, but they seem to be one step ahead noting their new cabinets and FTTH routes. How does anyone get around this?

Obviously this would be the only service which could match or beat their service, but I don't get any way ahead of them on it. In Dublin, especially, they seem to have all the answers on what eir are up to.

Tell them speeds don’t matter to you and it’s about price & it’s too expensive just for broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

I rang them this evening and confirmed that my cancellation was up on the 11th December, they confirmed it and that was that. didn't offer me a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got a follow up call today after I completed a survey where I said they don't appreciate loyalty.
    Got told the 3.50 increase wasn't really and increase and they weren't going to do a deal as I only pay 49 a month and am only with them 6 months.
    Told me I was offered 6 months at half price when I called on Saturday but I had to point out the half price was half of the full price, so 44 euro (5less than I pay) and six months at 88.
    They really aren't very good at maths.
    Anyway, they're cheaper than the rest for now, even at €52.50 pm.
    TV, 240 mb BB, phone plus 2 mobiles at a fiver each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

shardylan wrote: »
    Tell them speeds don’t matter to you and it’s about price & it’s too expensive just for broadband
    Totally agree. However, they just returning back to offering 240Mbps.
    Frustrating, to say the least.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement