Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pobal Maps

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I can't see on there what the colour codes mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

pilly wrote: »

On the right you see Layer List. Click on Pobal Deprivation. Then click on say 2016 - By Small Area. It will show you the legend or colour codes.

On the map you can click on any area, and it gives population among host of other data points about that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apparently my parents estate, which is full of students and very run down housing is "affluent" and my estate which has neither of those issues isn't. Underlying metrics are crude clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

L1011 wrote: »
    Apparently my parents estate, which is full of students and very run down housing is "affluent" and my estate which has neither of those issues isn't. Underlying metrics are crude clearly.

The "2016 by small area" seems pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Click something on the right;
    433158.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

L1011 wrote:

It's employment rates I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

It's employment rates I think.

Employment rate is one of the factors. Methodology is explained here:

https://www.pobal.ie/Publications/Documents/The%202016%20Pobal%20HP%20Deprivation%20Index%20-%20Introduction%2007.pdf

Advertisement