Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a known issue with eirSport and eir Vision Go apps?

Options
  • 10-11-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭

Please don't answer with "Call Technical support on 1901". 

Hi eir team,

Before you read on, I've done it all. 

Called tech support, tweeted, DM'd, sent a video showing my issue, resetting my phone, reinstalled the apps, deleted the apps again, reinstalled them again, logged out and back in, changed my Eir password - you name it. 

When I try to stream on eirSport app and eirVision, i just get the "spinning wheel" icon and no video ever loads. Same issue over my eir Wifi, 3G/4G, Work Wifi. I'm based in Ireland. 

Device: iPhone 8 Plus
    iOS: 11.1.1
    Latest versions of both apps. 

Something is definitely up here. 

Can you speak to the app team, who may have come across this before and advise any possible trouble shooting other that what's been provided? 

I have a hunch there's something up with the iPhone 8 / iOS11 compatibility. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Please don't answer with "Call Technical support on 1901". 

Hi eir team,

Before you read on, I've done it all. 

Called tech support, tweeted, DM'd, sent a video showing my issue, resetting my phone, reinstalled the apps, deleted the apps again, reinstalled them again, logged out and back in, changed my Eir password - you name it. 

When I try to stream on eirSport app and eirVision, i just get the "spinning wheel" icon and no video ever loads. Same issue over my eir Wifi, 3G/4G, Work Wifi. I'm based in Ireland. 

Device: iPhone 8 Plus
    iOS: 11.1.1
    Latest versions of both apps. 

Something is definitely up here. 

Can you speak to the app team, who may have come across this before and advise any possible trouble shooting other that what's been provided? 

I have a hunch there's something up with the iPhone 8 / iOS11 compatibility. 
    Hi there,

I do apologise for the issues you experienced with this app. I'm afraid if you have cancelled your services with us I'll be unable to look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

A bit of a cop-out there Adam. There may be other users who have this problem? Maybe show some bias and check to be sure? You could be a hero in work if you uncovered this bug and drove the potential fix. These are the kind of things you can use in interviews for potential job promotions and what-not. 

As you correctly said, yes I have cancelled, but it would nice to know if this app will ever work if I ever decide to come back. 

Need to start thinking bigger. Customer sentiment and anecdotes on social media are more valuable that you think. 

Consider this some friendly advice from someone who has walked the walk in your exact same role. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

A bit of a cop-out there Adam. There may be other users who have this problem? Maybe show some bias and check to be sure? You could be a hero in work if you uncovered this bug and drove the potential fix. These are the kind of things you can use in interviews for potential job promotions and what-not. 

As you correctly said, yes I have cancelled, but it would nice to know if this app will ever work if I ever decide to come back. 

Need to start thinking bigger. Customer sentiment and anecdotes on social media are more valuable that you think. 

Consider this some friendly advice from someone who has walked the walk in your exact same role. 
    We haven't had any reported issues with the service so I would only be able to look into this for you if you are an eir customer I'm afraid. 

Thanks for the feedback.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

See convo here after a quick search. 

Not as uncommon as you might think.

https://twitter.com/DeclanCarey/status/926867033484091392

Advertisement