Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst customer experience ever

Options
  • 10-11-2017 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

[font=arial, sans-serif]I just want to highlight the terrible experience I've had with Eir. In summary, order placed on 21st October for broadband, had 3 different appointments for installation and engineer only showed up once, now the 9th November and no internet. Issued a complaint but haven't heard back since the 31st October. I'm giving up. I didn't want to post this on a public forum but I feel I have no choice.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Detailed description below[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]21st October - Order made online, no issues. Scheduled an appointment for the installation to take place on the 27th October, anytime between 9am and 4:30pm.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]26th October - Receive a text reminding me of the appointment on Friday 27th October. Happy days.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]27th October - Took a day off work to be at home for the installation. Received no phone call. Received a text at 2:09pm on that day reminding me of my installation appointment on Tuesday 31st October, which I did not request, nor was I contacted at all about it. Phoned the OpenEir phoneline multiple times but nobody answered after ringing for 2-3 minutes. Talked to Eir customer care, they said their system said the booking was still Friday 27th. They put me through to OpenEir and kept it ringing for 6 minutes this time and someone eventually answered. Was told that unfortunately the engineer overran on a previous job and wouldn't make it on time. This was at around 4pm at this stage. I told them I wasn't happy with this but they said there was nothing they could do and the next time they could fit in was Tuesday 31st.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]31st October - I took another day off work, engineer arrives at 9:50am to test the phoneline. He tells me unfortunately the phone line has been damaged externally and there is nothing he can do. He checked the man-hole and external box on the street, but couldn't find anything. He told me we weren't able to proceed with the install. I then phoned Eir customer care to cancel the order, who contacted the OpenEir to see what engineering notes there were. The agent told me they were attempting to install a phoneline dependent package when what I ordered was a VOIP which required a copper line to be installed. They told me that I didn't need to cancel the order and I could get broadband. It appears there was a miscommunication of what I ordered between Eir and OpenEir (whom I assume now are a 3rd party). The agent said she was going to contact OpenEir with the details and schedule another appointment on another day. I also lodged a complaint to Eir.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]1st November - OpenEir contact me to schedule the next available suitable time which was 9th November.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]8th November - I received a reminder text for my appointment.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]9th November - A 3rd day at home waiting for the engineer. It got to 5pm and no call or text or anything. I phoned the OpenEir line and asked where the engineer was. They put me directly through to the engineer who said he wasn't going to call out to the house as there was nothing he could do. I said Eir told me they put the incorrect package on the order and it was still possible. But he responded and told me my phone line was damaged and it wasn't possible. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]So now I have no internet since my order on the 21st October and have had 3 appointments with the OpenEir engineer, at which they have only shown up once. I've been told lots of different information and this really is not acceptable.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

A few weeks ago I was trying my luck with FTTH, I ordered it through eir website , my house is the amber area but very close to the FTTH cable,  I received an email for an account number and I got an appointment for installation of standalone phone line that can't take Broadband and cost around 70 Euro / month, one of their guys was trying hard to convince  me to go for the installation because it is a good line, Later I learned the line can take "Broadband" of UP TO 2 mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

This is why I wouldn’t touch Eir with a 10 foot pole. They’re renowned for this kind of behaviour. My brother worked in their third party customer service function & he’s of the opinion you won’t find a more toxic company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    This is why I wouldn’t touch Eir with a 10 foot pole. They’re renowned for this kind of behaviour. My brother worked in their third party customer service function & he’s of the opinion you won’t find a more toxic company.

Heard the same
    I'd never go with EIR broadband etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

I was stuck in a contract with eir for ages despite having little or no coverage, customer service a joke, I would recommend steering well clear of them.
    Too much heed on fancy ad campaigns and none on customer satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

sternn wrote: »
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I just want to highlight the terrible experience I've had with Eir. In summary, order placed on 21st October for broadband, had 3 different appointments for installation and engineer only showed up once, now the 9th November and no internet. Issued a complaint but haven't heard back since the 31st October. I'm giving up. I didn't want to post this on a public forum but I feel I have no choice.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Detailed description below[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]21st October - Order made online, no issues. Scheduled an appointment for the installation to take place on the 27th October, anytime between 9am and 4:30pm.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]26th October - Receive a text reminding me of the appointment on Friday 27th October. Happy days.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]27th October - Took a day off work to be at home for the installation. Received no phone call. Received a text at 2:09pm on that day reminding me of my installation appointment on Tuesday 31st October, which I did not request, nor was I contacted at all about it. Phoned the OpenEir phoneline multiple times but nobody answered after ringing for 2-3 minutes. Talked to Eir customer care, they said their system said the booking was still Friday 27th. They put me through to OpenEir and kept it ringing for 6 minutes this time and someone eventually answered. Was told that unfortunately the engineer overran on a previous job and wouldn't make it on time. This was at around 4pm at this stage. I told them I wasn't happy with this but they said there was nothing they could do and the next time they could fit in was Tuesday 31st.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]31st October - I took another day off work, engineer arrives at 9:50am to test the phoneline. He tells me unfortunately the phone line has been damaged externally and there is nothing he can do. He checked the man-hole and external box on the street, but couldn't find anything. He told me we weren't able to proceed with the install. I then phoned Eir customer care to cancel the order, who contacted the OpenEir to see what engineering notes there were. The agent told me they were attempting to install a phoneline dependent package when what I ordered was a VOIP which required a copper line to be installed. They told me that I didn't need to cancel the order and I could get broadband. It appears there was a miscommunication of what I ordered between Eir and OpenEir (whom I assume now are a 3rd party). The agent said she was going to contact OpenEir with the details and schedule another appointment on another day. I also lodged a complaint to Eir.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]1st November - OpenEir contact me to schedule the next available suitable time which was 9th November.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]8th November - I received a reminder text for my appointment.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]9th November - A 3rd day at home waiting for the engineer. It got to 5pm and no call or text or anything. I phoned the OpenEir line and asked where the engineer was. They put me directly through to the engineer who said he wasn't going to call out to the house as there was nothing he could do. I said Eir told me they put the incorrect package on the order and it was still possible. But he responded and told me my phone line was damaged and it wasn't possible. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]So now I have no internet since my order on the 21st October and have had 3 appointments with the OpenEir engineer, at which they have only shown up once. I've been told lots of different information and this really is not acceptable.[/font]
    Hi sternn,

I am very sorry to hear th\at you have been experiencing such difficulties while trying to get your service installed. if there is a fault on the line, this would need to be fixed before the installation can go ahead. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    If there is  a live wire at the end of the pole, I would

Advertisement