Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrating Philips Hue Hubs

Options
  • 10-11-2017 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

So I have an old Gen1 Hue Hub and I'm about to install a further 18 bulbs so I figured I might as well pick up a Gen2 hub and move everything to that (just on the off chance I might need the HomeKit stuff).

On the old hub I had 6 x Gen1 GU10's and 2 x New E27's

Plugged in the new hub and see what it would pick up - 3 unreachable colours which must be 3 of the old 6 GU10's plus it picked up 3 x E27's which I'm testing here with (these are not part of the two mentioned above that the old hub has picked up).

So first I tried a hard reset of the Gen1 hub in the hope it would release all the bulbs. Plug back in the Gen2 hub but it can't pick them up. Tried pairing the old hub with the app again (as I had reset it) and it picked up all the old bulbs. Then tried deleting them 1 by 1 from the Gen1 hub but still the Gen2 hub can't pick them up.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Figured it....

Advertisement