Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airarms s510 magazine cycling problem

Options
  • 10-11-2017 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Just bought myself a brand new airarms s510 superlight last weekend and it's a lovely gun but having problems with magazine cycling..

The magazine that came with the gun cycles perfectly everytime i reload but I also bought myself a 2nd genuine airarms magazine and this one is giving trouble.

Everytime I try to reload, the magazine won't cycle fully to the next pellet and I have to take out the magazine and manually move it...

Now I have tried the troublesome magazine in a friend's gun and it cycles perfectly so I'm stumped, I am gonna take the magazine back to the shop where I got it but I'm not sure whether it's the magazine or maybe the gun now

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

I don't have one but would love to purchase. I would presume if you compared the new magazine to the old one and see if there is any difference between the two. There must be a difference for the new one not to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

there is absolutely no difference in magazine, the guy I got the gun from even got me a 3rd magazine and still having the same problem..

He was stumped too so have to bring the gun to the main importer of Air Arms next week and get him to check it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

did you try your friends mag in your gun if it works in your gun you can swop him as your spare one works in his

There "has to be a difference". If it was identical it would have to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

The screw holding the plastic face might be too tight or crud might have got into the mechanism. Its worth giving it a good clean and some lube with a dry PTFE spray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

the 2nd and 3rd mag i tried were brand new, i also took out the spring and bearing in one mag so that it was turning freely and still had trouble cycling through the mag, i suspect its the pin in the gun, hopefully will know tomorrow...

If it is the pin in the gun all the magazines should work/ not work.

Any luck on finding the problem.

Advertisement