Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Study:
    sKeith wrote: »
    "well askit, your boy caracus did say you were looking for the suicidal types."
    "Indeed I am and hence I need you, very fortunate for you"

He watches Ekbard go back to sleep.

"I hope he dies first, but I know fate won't be that kind."

He turns to Xanthea.

"Ah, the warrior princess from beyond Zassan. Our word did reach you, how long did it take you to reach Soetrard?"

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs dries his eyes and looks at Muriggs.

'Aye. If there's treasure involved, Bandylegs will be there. I suppose I should ask why ye can't get it yerself?'
    "Guarded by an Ettin, I waz killed by an Ettin, those are the rules. The shack contains my shirt, been topless for five hundred years"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Alexander's knees buckle and he collapses, the trip to the Shadowfell catching off guard. He looks to the others.

Alexander: ugh. Everyone ok?

Elin lands on her back in the Shadowfell, clutching the key around her neck [ooc: I assume it's come with me?]. She tries to climb to her feet but finds that her knees are still shaking so she crouches on all fours as she waits for her strength to return.
    "I......I believe I am in one piece. What has happened? What is this place?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Guarded by an Ettin, I waz killed by an Ettin, those are the rules. The shack contains my shirt, been topless for five hundred years"

Bandylegs sighs.

'More fightin'? I guess I better redeem myself. Consider it done great times many grandfather. Anything I should know about this Ettin?'

Bandylegs sighs.

'More fightin'? I guess I better redeem myself. Consider it done great times many grandfather. Anything I should know about this Ettin?'
    "Aye, he's dead. He's corpse lies there, I decapitated him before I died from blood loss, still he is me bane. The dangers are of a more subtle nature."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Aye, he's dead. He's corpse lies there, I decapitated him before I died from blood loss, still he is me bane. The dangers are of a more subtle nature."

Bandylegs sighs.

'Traps then. I'll do what I can for ye. It's not like I can die again, is it! Can I?'

Bandylegs acknowledges the fighters feasting at the table and goes to leave for the tunnels.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin lands on her back in the Shadowfell, clutching the key around her neck [ooc: I assume it's come with me?]. She tries to climb to her feet but finds that her knees are still shaking so she crouches on all fours as she waits for her strength to return.
    "I......I believe I am in one piece. What has happened? What is this place?"
    The roof ripples slightly.

OOC: Alexander would know this means its material equivalent has taken damage.

In the hall beyond a grim looking shadow creature floats near the stairs.

"This place is the shadow. Some of the city's discontent dead dwell here, ghosts you would call them, but others like myself are native to the plane. You arrived here violently, are you alright?"

qS3prG.jpg

Bandylegs sighs.

'Traps then. I'll do what I can for ye. It's not like I can die again, is it! Can I?'

Bandylegs acknowledges the fighters feasting at the table and goes to leave for the tunnels.
    The dwarfs all glance at each other, obviously uncertain.

"No way lad, dead is dead....I think" muses Muriggs.

Bandylegs is unimpressed by their response.

'Aye. Dead is dead. And if I should perchance wind up double dead, I'll make sure to remind ye of that fact!'

Bandylegs leaves the hall and makes for the tunnels.

OOC: Can I roll to detect traps in the tunnels? If so I will.

The roof ripples slightly.

OOC: Alexander would know this means its material equivalent has taken damage.

In the hall beyond a grim looking shadow creature floats near the stairs.

"This place is the shadow. Some of the city's discontent dead dwell here, ghosts you would call them, but others like myself are native to the plane. You arrived here violently, are you alright?"

Elin's eyes widen. "Are we......dead then?"

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Elin's eyes widen. "Are we......dead then?"

"Ho, no" says the Shadow creature lightly laughing, "You're quite alive, your dead simply end up here quite often, if they are restless in some way. Come, the shadow city awaits, perhaps you can find your way home from one of the inhabitants."

Elin looks to Saeros and Alexander. "I guess we should go with him?"

To the creature: "have you a name?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Study:

He turns to Xanthea.

"Ah, the warrior princess from beyond Zassan. Our word did reach you, how long did it take you to reach Soetrard?"

“It did eventually, though had it reached me sooner things might have turned out differently.

My journey from the other country has been a long one, and three moons have passed. It seems your plight is more dire than I believed. I am surely needed here.”

Bandylegs proceeds to the tunnels and stops just short of the entrance. He looks up at the cavern and can't quite shake a sense of foreboding. He looks into the yawning mouth.

OOC: Can you describe the tunnel? I guess that's what I'm trying to get at

'How in Vergadain's name do I get myself into these pickles?'

He slowly, cautiously draws his weapon and begins to proceed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin looks to Saeros and Alexander. "I guess we should go with him?"

Alexander: Oh, sure. "The Shadow City" sounds like somewhere we should be going.

He rubs his eyes, and sighs. He looks around but there does not appear to be any obvious exit from the realm they now find themselves in.

Alexander: Not that we have a choice anyway. Lets go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Alexander and Saeros:
    There has been a sudden weakening in the planar energies, Xestes body is becoming more and more a part of the material realm.

OOC: Saeros, Roll a d6.
    OOC Rolls 3 on a d6

Holding his head in his hands Saeros says

All I wanted was a few easy coins, a simple scavenge and retrieve job for a few pieces of gold and now I'm here, in this plane, at the behest of a ****in Devil.

I look up at the sound of the voice and see the approaching shadow.

"Ahh bugger, another floating creature." I loosen my short sword in it scabbard and wipe the sweat from my spearchucking hand.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Ahh bugger, another floating creature." I loosen my short sword in it scabbard and wipe the sweat from my spearchucking hand.

Alexander puts a hand gently on Saeros' arm. He whispers so that only his two companions can hear him (hopefully)

Alexander: Careful. That's how we got here. Whatever this thing is, wherever we've been sent, I trust very little. But for now, more violence can only beget violence.

In this realm swords and spears will do little but they are all I have. Those idiot meatheads who were so eager for a fight caused this to happen. If we get back and if any have survived I may have to kill them myself.

Do you have any insight into what we face mage? I mistrust the devil but he's not send us here for no reason. He has a plan and we are part of it - or more accurately the thief is part of it. For the moment I think he needs us. I agree that we should proceed with caution.

I turn to Elin
    Heads up, keep sharp, look for advantages we can use while the mage talks with this being.

I look closely around the area, checking for hidden areas and feeling a bit queasy at the sight of the rippling ceiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard awakens.
    He gets up, yawns and stretches.
    He walks over to Bandylegs whom is deep in thought but very much alive, "Glad to see you are breathing again little man."
    He says to the rest of the party who have not fled or been vanquished to another plane "Any of you find the kitchen yet? I'm peckish."
    But without waiting for an answer he exits the study and ventures down the stairs.

OOC: What spells do OldGoat and Alexander have "loaded" into memory for today? Before we proceed.

• Advertisement

OOC: What spells do OldGoat and Alexander have "loaded" into memory for today? Before we proceed.

(OOC: At Level One, I have access to one use of Sleep, Read Magic or Feather fall (if my understanding of the magic system is right; I have invisibility, but that's a Level 2 spell))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea looks at the stumbling, mumbling, barely conscious Ekbard and mutters something to herself

"Pfft. Men! All they seem to do is drink, sleep, eat, and pick fights with unnatural beings"

Bandylegs proceeds to the tunnels and stops just short of the entrance. He looks up at the cavern and can't quite shake a sense of foreboding. He looks into the yawning mouth.

OOC: Can you describe the tunnel? I guess that's what I'm trying to get at

'How in Vergadain's name do I get myself into these pickles?'

He slowly, cautiously draws his weapon and begins to proceed.
    The entrance to the tunnels containing the shack are shaped like a giant head of Dumathoin in the archaic style, his mouth opens wide into the tunnels. Proceeding a bit Bandylegs is confronted with a passage to the left and right, as well as one continuing straight ahead. A faint crackling as of fire comes from the left.

Bandylegs notes the faint crackling of fire and stops.

'Ah bugger. That blasted ancestor of mine told me it was to the left. Of course he did.'

Bandylegs sighs and cautiously takes the left passage.

OOC: I want to check the passage for traps but do I give a specific area?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    (OOC: At Level One, I have access to one use of Sleep, Read Magic or Feather fall (if my understanding of the magic system is right; I have invisibility, but that's a Level 2 spell))
    OOC: Sorry should have been clearer and I realise I never explained this, I'll put a post in the OOC thread. You only have one of these "loaded" into your memory currently.

OOC: If I understand the rules then as a lvl 1 I only get the one spell and I used it already - Charm Person. I fully expected to get a nights rest before being set into a different plane. :)

OOC: Sorry should have been clearer and I realise I never explained this, I'll put a post in the OOC thread. You only have one of these "loaded" into your memory currently.

(OOC: Oh, ok. I'd have loaded Sleep if I had known anyway, so I'll say thats the weapon I have in my arsenal at the moment :) )

Bandylegs sighs and cautiously takes the left passage.

OOC: I want to check the passage for traps but do I give a specific area?
    OOC: "The passage" is fine, it's usually one 'unit' of the dungeon that you check, so like a passage or room. You have a 2 in 6 chance and got a 2, so a human wouldn't have noticed this.

Along the passage there are cobblestones placed into the brown rock. Typical for old dwarven passages, but Bandylegs notes they are at an odd angle, slightly loose. His eye for dwarven craftsmanship allows him to find a small clip that releases the cobblestone. Beneath lies a poison dart. He knows to avoid these cobblestones.

The left passage terminates in a vast cavern, on the opposite side of which is the shack that Muriggs mentioned. Unfortunately between him and the shack is a vast chasm. On the side with the shack there is a bridge, but it is currently raised.

Bandylegs looks across the vast chasm, shaking his head.

'Bloody heck - poison darts and chasms... what next?'

He tries to see if there is a lever on the bridge or indeed in the area.

'I'll have to try another way round so.

He makes his way cautiously back down the passage, making sure not to touch the loose cobblestones.

'Blast it and be damned.'

He heads up the centre passageway next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Goodie looks around, where am i at the monent and where amhave all these crazy fools gone

Advertisement