Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: What time is it Fourier?
    OOC: It's about 2pm.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: Fourier, I'm at work so don't have access to the rules. Can I check each individual passage for traps? I know I can only check an area once to the best of my knowledge. Will be home around 7pm Edit: Never mind, sKeith posted the rules into the other thread.

Bandylegs checks the centre passage for traps as he cautiously enters it.

Dwarven Afterlife:
    The central passage is lined with dwarven statues with large hammers, standing at the entrance to the passage BandyLegs spots no traps.

OOC: You got a 5 on the trap check, so if there is a trap, you wouldn't spot it.
    Also, guys in the shadow, I'm getting to you and everybody else. I had to check a few facts about the Shadow first.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs continues up the passage way carefully, paying close attention to the statues and trying to steer clear of them.

'Vergadain, give me strength so that I can repent!'

He moves towards the end of the passage, praying feverishly.

Dwarven Afterlife:

Near the end of the passage one of the statues lunges forth at Bandylegs, smashing his mighty warhammer into the ground. Luckily Bandylegs had noticed the statue's first twitches and dodged in time.

He reaches the central chamber, an old dwarven long table spread with milk, honey and cheese and an old fishing rod, for mine shaft fishing, about 40 ft in length.

OOC: The statues were a trap. Due to keeping an eye on them you got -4 for the DEX check to avoid the statue's hammer. Result was 12, with the -4 then it was under your DEX of 10, so a success.

• Advertisement

Bandylegs eyes up the food.

'It's been hours since I've eaten. But I trust nothing in this forsaken place.'

Bandylegs grabs the fishing pole and makes haste back down the passageway, carefully avoiding the trick statue on the way.

He comes back to the three entrances and looks nervously at the right passageway.

'Ah, I may as well look in here, might find something.'

He peers into the right hand passage and looks around.

OOC: I presume as I'm dead the usual having to eat rules don't apply? If not, can I use rations from my supplies or have they not travelled with me to the afterlife :P

Shadow Plane:
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin looks to Saeros and Alexander. "I guess we should go with him?"

To the creature: "have you a name?"
    "You could not pronounce it, it is a name of wind and smoke. Call me....Wispy, for now."
    "Ahh bugger, another floating creature." I loosen my short sword in it scabbard and wipe the sweat from my spearchucking hand.
    Alexander: Careful. That's how we got here. Whatever this thing is, wherever we've been sent, I trust very little. But for now, more violence can only beget violence.
    "I understand your hesitance, this is a foreign place, your kind once walked this realm freely elf. It is pleasing to see another of your fair race."
    I look closely around the area, checking for hidden areas and feeling a bit queasy at the sight of the rippling ceiling.
    There is a room in Askit's mansion on the ground floor, left hand side, that didn't exist in the material realm.

The mansion doors are open and you can see out into the streets of the temple district. Thousands of ghosts and a few of Wispy's kind drift through the streets.

Askit's Study:
    “It did eventually, though had it reached me sooner things might have turned out differently.

My journey from the other country has been a long one, and three moons have passed. It seems your plight is more dire than I believed. I am surely needed here.”
    "Indeed you are. This group's current warrior is an impulsive lunatic and the previous one perhaps had more self-preservation in him than most adventurers. They need a warrior who's the right combination of fool-hardy and level-headed.

Regardless, thank you for undertaking the journey, for you see..."

Askit explains the Tower and the party's mission there.

"...all for the good of Soetrard of course."

Dwarven afterlife:
    Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: I presume as I'm dead the usual having to eat rules don't apply? If not, can I use rations from my supplies or have they not travelled with me to the afterlife :P
    OOC: Yeah, no hunger in the afterlife.

The right passage is made of a smooth limestone, relatively featureless save a small pool of green liquid in the center of the floor halfway down.

OOC: Failed trap roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Askit could you expand on the tower abit?

How long is the journey, and what should we expect to find? Worse yet, what may we face?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea listens intently to Askit's tidings, nodding occasionally.

"It is fortunate for you, that in this case, what is good for my people, and good for me, is good for Soetrard too. I do believe you have a slightly less impulsive, slightly fool-hardy swordmaiden."

Bandylegs stands at the entrance to the passage way and eyes up the green pool. He looks at his new item, the fishing pole.

'Yeah, I'm not trying that.'

He shuffles around and heads back down the left passage, taking care to avoid the loose cobbles.

Bandylegs walks out towards the chasm with the pole. He examines the bridge on the far side.

Askit Study:
    "Askit could you expand on the tower abit?

How long is the journey, and what should we expect to find? Worse yet, what may we face?"
    "The tower is five levels high, or so I am told. The blood seems to be on the third floor...again so my prophetic visions tell me.

As for what to find. The owner was a wizard of the ancient world, I would expect magic of course, but also lethal traps, most likely instantaneous death. Wizards guarded their secrets closely in those days.

The journey I expect will be 11 days in total, if taken directly. Several beasts of course live in the forests and mountains. As for what you might face, I only know there is great danger on the fifth floor."

Dwarven afterlife:
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs stands at the entrance to the passage way and eyes up the green pool. He looks at his new item, the fishing pole.

'Yeah, I'm not trying that.'

He shuffles around and heads back down the left passage, taking care to avoid the loose cobbles.

Bandylegs walks out towards the chasm with the pole. He examines the bridge on the far side.
    The bridge contains a small hook at its top in the style of the hill dwarfs, the steps are wooden strewn across hemp rope.

Bandylegs spies the hook. He looks at the pole and shrugs.

'This seems like the only option. Lest I try and pole vault the chasm! If only someone was here to assist me at this time, I might even consent to being tossed.'

Bandylegs extends the pole out across the chasm, aiming to hook the bridge.

OOC: I presume I'll have to roll to be successful :P

Dwarven afterlife:

OOC: Funnily enough not. You've all the time in the world to get it right, you would under pressure.

The pole fits the bridges hook and brings it down to Bandylegs's side with after a short tug.

Xanthea feels something in the darkest recesses of her mind. A feeling of wanting to throw... no... toss something. She unconsciously jerks her hands, hoping it has an effect, and yet hoping nobody notices...

OOC: Best I can do :P

Bandylegs feel a sudden surge of being thrown but only moves a few inches.

'Aye, tossing may not be the best option.'

He examines the bridge carefully before tentatively taking a step onto it.

OOC: Might as well check it out.

Dwarven Afterlife:
    Bridge seems stable enough, the hemp rope is wound tight enough and the steps are solidly woven in. No traps to speak of.

OOC: Failed trap roll. This is the last trap roll I'll reveal.

Bandylegs takes a deep breath and slowly begins to edge his way across the bridge, watching for any frays in the rope or any loose boards.

'Vergadain, you have been my guide and light throughout. I have faith you will see me across.

• Advertisement

Dwarven Afterlife:
    Luckily the bridge is stable and Bandylegs makes it across. The shack isn't lit up and its wooden door is currently closed.

Bandylegs walks all around the shack, examining it thoroughly.

'Normally I'd barge right in but something or someone is telling me to be cautious. Ah blast it. I'll never learn!'

Bandylegs draws his axe and attempts to kick the door open.

Dwarven Afterlife:

An Ettin sits in the shack picking its nose, it responds in the orcish tongue.

"A bloomin' dwarf after five centuries a' been ere on ma own. Wa yaz lookin fer?"

Askit mansion lower level
    sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard awakens.
    He gets up, yawns and stretches.
    He walks over to Bandylegs whom is deep in thought but very much alive, "Glad to see you are breathing again little man."
    He says to the rest of the party who have not fled or been vanquished to another plane "Any of you find the kitchen yet? I'm peckish."
    But without waiting for an answer he exits the study and ventures down the stairs.
    There is currently a contingent of ten guards downstairs discussing an attack on the Clerics life, they pay Ekbard only cursory heed. A door lies on either side of the stairs, behind the stairs there is a third door to the gardens.

Bandylegs jumps back in shock.

'You. You're supposed to be dead! I have come for my ancestors shirt! What the hell are you saying? I don't speak that tongue!'

He pauses and thinks for a moment. Then in the kobold language he tries to communicate:

'Can you understand me now?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard, addressing no guards in particular, walks very slowly in the direction of the left door, and points in the direction of the right door and has a slight throat clearing moment "ahem", and exclaims "Kitchen??", eagerly seeking any signs of any non vocal cues from any of the guards.

Tigger wrote: »
    Goodie looks around, where am i at the monent and where amhave all these crazy fools gone
    Goodie finds himself at the base of the stairs, he sees Ekbard approach.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard, addressing no guards in particular, walks very slowly in the direction of the left door, and points in the direction of the right door and has a slight throat clearing moment "ahem", and exclaims "Kitchen??", eagerly seeking any signs of any non vocal cues from any of the guards.
    "Door on the right lad, good luck eating the crap Askit eats though"

The guards continue their conversation, seemingly undisturbed by Ekbard's presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard does a quick turnabout and enters the door on the right.

• Advertisement

Xanthea, weary from her travels, and waiting for the motley crew to reassemble, finds a quiet corner of the study. Forgoing bedding, which she considers too much of a luxury, she lies back against the wall, letting her eyes close, yet remaining just alert enough to wrap her fingers around her dagger, a habit forged in the wilderness, where sleep was known to be rudely interrupted.

Advertisement