Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"One a' Muriggs McGillicuddy's lads. Course ya are. Fate and all that, come on lets leave this place"

He heads out of the dungeon back out Dumathoin's mouth and waits for Bandylegs to show him the way.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin nods at Saeros and quietly slips away while Wispy is distracted by questions. She heads over to check out the new room on the left hand side.

[OOC: do I need to roll to slip away from the party?]
    As far as Elin can tell she makes it to the door without Wispy noticing her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs cautiously goes back down the passage towards the entrance, remembering to avoid the loose cobblestones on the way and joins the Chittin at the entrance to the caverns.

'Alright, lad. Now, don't be causing no scene when we get there!'

Bandylegs leads him back to the dwarven hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier wrote: »
    As far as Elin can tell she makes it to the door without Wispy noticing her.

Elin heads through the doorway into the new room which has appeared and takes a careful look around her. She keeps an ear on the conversation happening with Wispy.

Dwarven Afterlife
    Muriggs, Hurrak and the other dwarves turn in shock and then excitement as BandyLegs and Zorumar enter the hall.

"Ah! Young lad" cheers Muriggs "Ye've returned with me shirt and my advesary, it's been boring these 500 years, how about it Zorumar, would ye be up for a round of head choppin' We're healed each morning."

"Curs I wud" says Zorumar.

Bandylegs suddenly hears a dim echo, Askit's voice he thinks and feels a terrible pain in his back.

As the rest of the Dwarves begin pushing back tables to make space for a battle, only Hurrak notices BandyLegs fading.

"You've done good lad, now get back and show you're not just worthy of Vergadain, but worthy of the name McGillicuddy"

His eyes open staring at the study's ruined ceiling.

• Advertisement

Elin heads through the doorway into the new room which has appeared and takes a careful look around her. She keeps an ear on the conversation happening with Wispy.
    A very large Topaz crystal lies atop a cage containing a young man with brown hair. Other than this, the room is featureless.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: Yey! I think I did well!

Bandylegs opens his eyes after dwelling on what had just happened.

'Hmmm, I wonder had Zorumar any ancestors. Who knows, I might meet them along the road. He wasn't a bad chap after all. Thank you Vergadain for giving me the strength.'

He climbs to his feet and turns just as Askit is handing over the coin purse.

'1000GP? Let's get this show on the road, what say you Ekbar?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: Yey! I think I did well!

Bandylegs opens his eyes after dwelling on what had just happened.

'Hmmm, I wonder had Zorumar any ancestors. Who knows, I might meet them along the road. He wasn't a bad chap after all. Thank you Vergadain for giving me the strength.'

He climbs to his feet and turns just as Askit is handing over the coin purse.

'1000GP? Let's get this show on the road, what say you Ekbar?'

Wanders back into the room, "i have no idea what just happened but I think i feel a bow in my future :)

A very large Topaz crystal lies atop a cage containing a young man with brown hair. Other than this, the room is featureless.

[OOC: Elin checks for traps]

Elin cautiously approaches the cage. "who might you be young man, and why are you in that cage?"

Shadow:
    [OOC: Elin checks for traps]

Elin cautiously approaches the cage. "who might you be young man, and why are you in that cage?"
    OOC: Just so you know, you have two "trap rolls". The same 1 in 6 that everybody has and the special percentile one for treasures like this the Topaz crystal. Basically one is for the room, the special thief one is for treasure or magic traps.

Elin finds no traps in the room or around the crystal.

OOC: Finding no traps can either be due to failing the trap roll or due to there being no traps. I do the rolls so you don't know, unless I reveal it. Again you had two trap rolls, separately for the Topaz and the room.

"I was imprisoned here by the previous owner of this estate. The current one has no idea I am here, I am glad for it, for I have no idea what that robed freak is either. I would thank him for killing my captor, except he was my only way out.

I am Banban"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"A bow you say Ilberic. I hear there is a very fine bow shop in Thimotae, and very reasonable prices too. We should be able to pick one up there. They have a free sighting service for all purchases."

"Bandylegs, I'm as eager to get this show on the road as you are, but should we not allow Arry another while to finish up his business with the barmaid? You have a promise to Elin to keep her safe and she is nowhere to be seen around here, maybe you should be askin' Askin' where she is."

sKeith wrote:
    "Bandylegs, I'm as eager to get this show on the road as you are, but should we not allow Arry another while to finish up his business with the barmaid? You have a promise to Elin to keep her safe and she is nowhere to be seen around here, maybe you should be askin' Askin' where she is."

Bandylegs pulls Ekbard aside briefly.

'This coin could assist us in our Thurmonton adventure. However I feel following what has taken place tonight we should at least include the cleric in our adventuring party. If you are agreeable I would bring all of the others in on this. If you knew what I had seen and faced in my brief soiree in the afterlife then you would know exactly why I am speaking with caution.'

Bandylegs tells Ekbard of his adventures in the Dwarven afterlife.

Then noticing he has an audience, Bandylegs nods at Ekbard.

'Aye, demon rider. I made a promise to Elin and I intend to keep it.'

Bandylegs sits in the chair and pulls out a ration from his pack and begins to munch on it absentmindedly. He also fills his wineskin from the barrel.

Shadow:
    "I was imprisoned here by the previous owner of this estate. The current one has no idea I am here, I am glad for it, for I have no idea what that robed freak is either. I would thank him for killing my captor, except he was my only way out.

I am Banban"

[OOC: is Banban dead? Would I know?]

"Well met Banban. Do you know where you are or how you got here? Why were you imprisoned?"

[OOC: can I open the cage?]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"What show Ekbard? There's surely no point visiting the tower without the thief."

"Agreed Moy, Xanthea has been busy tring to round up our party and Arry, Alex , Saeros and Elin are still unaccounted for."

"What show Ekbard? There's surely no point visiting the tower without the thief."

they have clearly left let us spend our coin and go on our quest
    i can steal an have stole many a tging.

Tigger wrote: »
    they have clearly left let us spend our coin and go on our quest
    i can steal an have stole many a tging.
    "okay, your 1st task is to retrieve the key to the tower which is around Elins neck"

sKeith wrote: »
    "okay, your 1st task is to retrieve the key to the tower which is around Elins neck"

pretty sure the demon disintergrated her
    sure a couple of orcs with hammers can get through any door

Tigger wrote: »
    pretty sure the demon disintergrated her
    sure a couple of orcs with hammers can get through any door

"Ilberic, you were not here, I believe you had left the room at the time, but I never truely fall asleep, I sleep with one eye and one ear open at all times. I do believe that Xestes said that he valued our thief and that our magic users would just be a distraction, although he did say 'be gone', i think that he had a less than lethal plans for them. If instead of distintegrating them as you say, he instead just teleported them to the other side of sourcraut, then maybe if we give them time, they will return with only some minor scrapes and bruises.

If we were to lead a front scouting party and proceed onto thimotae without them, then we are leaving the weaker of our party to fend for themselves in the wilderness parts of our journey, and they may fall to some wild boar or an orcs or some smelly bridge trolls, which if within a bigger party which we would be if we postpone depature for just a little while, would just be a hapy meal.

This askin' chap knows some magic with his clever floating tricks and weak ass binding spell, he says he has access to talk to a god, although not as all powerful a god as he once believed, maybe himself or his god could perform some sort of novice detection spell on our missing companions and let us know for sure if they are alive.

I would much prefer to leave here in a large party than to split up into this smaller lead party, as you and the dwarf seem to fancy. I think Moy would be inclined to agree but i shall not speak for another."

Ekbard eats some more of the delicious meat slices from the plate on the samll desk and washes it down with wine from his waterskin. He then unpacks his bedroll and parks himself close to the barrel and falls asleep.

'Aye, demon rider. I made a promise to Elin and I intend to keep it.'

"Good.

And its 'Devil Rider', not demon rider. Saeros went off on a rant earlier explaining the difference, I don't mind you calling it a demon in a insulting manor, but if its going to be used as an accolade, then I'd like to have the facts straight about the beast being ridden, it was a devil, and not just any devil, but a devil of achievement, a Lord. How does Devil lord rider, or even better, Lord devil rider role of the tongue for you?"

• Advertisement

[OOC: is Banban dead? Would I know?]

"Well met Banban. Do you know where you are or how you got here? Why were you imprisoned?"

[OOC: can I open the cage?]
    The cage has a lock that Elin believes she can pick. Banban himself seems to be alive but has small gaseous wisps coming off him continuously, similar to those that naturally come off Wispy.

"The old Tarhouser estate, I know that's where I am, well the Shadow version of it. Unfortunately this room was demolished to enlarge the kitchen when that Cleric took over, so I couldn't 'haunt' the place as it were.

I was imprisoned because I helped the clerics take over the government, loyal follower of Soet I am and it worked, removed those bloody nobels from power."

The cage has a lock that Elin believes she can pick. Banban himself seems to be alive but has small gaseous wisps coming off him continuously, similar to those that naturally come off Wispy.

"The old Tarhouser estate, I know that's where I am, well the Shadow version of it. Unfortunately this room was demolished to enlarge the kitchen when that Cleric took over, so I couldn't 'haunt' the place as it were.

I was imprisoned because I helped the clerics take over the government, loyal follower of Soet I am and it worked, removed those bloody nobels from power."

"What is the Topaz on top of the cage for? Will you hurt me if I let you out?
    Myself and my friends have been trapped here by a creature called Xestes. We're trying to find a way back to the real world. A shadow creature who calls himself Wispy is taking us to the king of this realm to see if he can send us back. "

"Good.

And its 'Devil Rider', not demon rider. Saeros went off on a rant earlier explaining the difference, I don't mind you calling it a demon in a insulting manor, but if its going to be used as an accolade, then I'd like to have the facts straight about the beast being ridden, it was a devil, and not just any devil, but a devil of achievement, a Lord. How does Devil lord rider, or even better, Lord devil rider role of the tongue for you?"

*Shrugs*

'Whatever ya want to call yerself laddie is fine by me. We must make a plan on how to spend our new found fortune wisely. A suggestion that the most likeable chap in our group, maybe 'Arry, employs some retainers once we get to Thurmonton. I meself am thinking of upgrading me armour, if it's amenable to ye'

"Askit, have you any way of knowing where they were sent to? I would think the demon wouldn't given Elin specifically a key, to kill her moments later, and leave himself without the key."

Study:

Askit turns to Moy.

"I only know that he moved them to another plane and that it would have to be close given that he didn't use much magic to do it"

*Shrugs*

'Whatever ya want to call yerself laddie is fine by me. We must make a plan on how to spend our new found fortune wisely. A suggestion that the most likeable chap in our group, maybe 'Arry, employs some retainers once we get to Thurmonton. I meself am thinking of upgrading me armour, if it's amenable to ye'

"I need a final head count for our party before I can make any decisions on how to best utilize the pieces in this here pouch. That I why I'd like to wait until we are on our way to thimontaen before making any decisions on that regard.

Shadow:
    "What is the Topaz on top of the cage for? Will you hurt me if I let you out?
    Myself and my friends have been trapped here by a creature called Xestes. We're trying to find a way back to the real world. A shadow creature who calls himself Wispy is taking us to the king of this realm to see if he can send us back. "
    "A Topaz gem, I don't know, wasn't there when I was placed here. Of course I won't hurt you, I have no quarrel with a fellow commoner.
    Those shadow creatures come in here from time to time asking me how I'm doing, but they never free me. For thirty bloody years!!"

"I need a final head count for our party before I can make any decisions on how to best utilize the pieces in this here pouch. That I why I'd like to wait until we are on our way to thimontaen before making any decisions on that regard.

'Aye, I trust you'll not be hasty with the gold. I expect the dangers we will face in the tower may prove to be the end of some of our party. I know where the other Halfling is, but where's 'Arry? And where has that warrior princess gone off ta? Ah, ne'er mind. I think I'll have another drink.'

Bandylegs refills his wineskin from the barrel and begins to drink.

'Care to join me, Ekbard? All that pacing around is making me dizzy. I only just came back from the dead you know, still adjusting! Moy, sit as well, have some wine.'

Bandylegs grabs two cups from the desk and fills both, offering them to Moy and Ekbard.

Study:

Askit turns to Moy.

"I only know that he moved them to another plane and that it would have to be close given that he didn't use much magic to do it"

"Another plane? What do you mean, will they be able to return?"

OOC: Is the existance of other planes common knowledge or unknown for the most part?
    'Aye, I trust you'll not be hasty with the gold. I expect the dangers we will face in the tower may prove to be the end of some of our party. I know where the other Halfling is, but where's 'Arry? And where has that warrior princess gone off ta? Ah, ne'er mind. I think I'll have another drink.'

Bandylegs refills his wineskin from the barrel and begins to drink.

'Care to join me, Ekbard? All that pacing around is making me dizzy. I only just came back from the dead you know, still adjusting! Moy, sit as well, have some wine.'

Bandylegs grabs two cups from the desk and fills both, offering them to Moy and Ekbard.

"Thank you Dwarf, alcohol is forbidden in my order though, a poison of the mind as it is, so I will pass. More for yourself however. Tell me, did you die truely? It looked like it from over here."

• Advertisement

Ekbard sits beside the dwarf, "Xanthea..." points to the back wall were Xanthea is sleeping standing up against.

Ekbard in hushed voice says
    "So, castius told us that thimotaen is 1 days trek away.
    Then, it is another day until we reach a big forest, forests have plenty of food stuff in them, so we will be well fed within it. Forest is 4 days big.
    Then we reach big mountain. mountain is 5 days long.
    Then we reach the wrecklands.
    We have been told the tower is two days into the wastelands.

so, this tower is 13 days away and 13 days back, and its the 13 days back which is what i was mostly worried about when i was talking to askin'.
    He wants this blood and as much of it as we can carry. Horses could speed us there much faster, and if not burdened by us on the way back could carry huge burdens. This money was given at the specific request about burdens and carrying restrictions.

Maybe if you were to talk to askin', and mention that with the GP he provided us with to fully equip ourselves for this most important and vital mission, you only had enough GP to buy yourself a cursed piece of armour. Demand enough money to properly equip our party with armour and weapons. If he mentions giving me a pouch of gold, say that that money has already been earmarked for the procurement of hirelings, retainers and beasts of burden, and that on such a perilous journey in the name of soet, shouldn't we be equipped with the best armour and not some cursed piece of junk"

Advertisement