Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Thank you Dwarf, alcohol is forbidden in my order though, a poison of the mind as it is, so I will pass. More for yourself however. Tell me, did you die truely? It looked like it from over here."

Bandylegs looks at Moy in disgust.

'Suit yerself.' *Downs Moy's cup*

'Aye, I truly died. I suppose as we'll be spendin' some time together I might as well tell ye. I went to the dwarven afterlife and met with me ancestors. Dunno why I came back but I must have some purpose. I know ye're following ye're own gods path but Vergedain has use for me it seems.'

He calls Moy over and speaks to him in light tones.

'I see ye can fight, gods aside - I could do with the help. I heard word of treasure in Thurmonton. If ye be interested I'd be willing to give you a share of the profits. Ekbard yonder and the thief lassie Elin know about this quest of mine as of yet. I will explain more when we get on the road.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"another thing, don't buy rations from Donnie's, he's 10 times more expensive for rations than most other places around here." Said loud enough for goodenough to hear.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    "another thing, don't buy rations from Donnie's, he's 10 times more expensive for rations than most other places around here." Said loud enough for goodenough to hear.

'If it's supplies we be needin' I'd suggest the dwarfs shop by the main temple. He be 20 per cent less than standard prices. His weapons are pricy though.'

"Donnie's pricing seems fine for weapons"

Ekbard sits beside the dwarf, "Xanthea..." points to the back wall were Xanthea is sleeping standing up against.

Ekbard in hushed voice says
    "So, castius told us that thimotaen is 1 days trek away.
    Then, it is another day until we reach a big forest, forests have plenty of food stuff in them, so we will be well fed within it. Forest is 4 days big.
    Then we reach big mountain. mountain is 5 days long.
    Then we reach the wrecklands.
    We have been told the tower is two days into the wastelands.

so, this tower is 13 days away and 13 days back, and its the 13 days back which is what i was mostly worried about when i was talking to askin'.
    He wants this blood and as much of it as we can carry. Horses could speed us there much faster, and if not burdened by us on the way back could carry huge burdens. This money was given at the specific request about burdens and carrying restrictions.

Maybe if you were to talk to askin', and mention that with the GP he provided us with to fully equip ourselves for this most important and vital mission, you only had enough GP to buy yourself a cursed piece of armour. Demand enough money to properly equip our party with armour and weapons. If he mentions giving me a pouch of gold, say that that money has already been earmarked for the procurement of hirelings, retainers and beasts of burden, and that on such a perilous journey in the name of soet, shouldn't we be equipped with the best armour and not some cursed piece of junk"

'I hear what ye're sayin, Ekbard. Not sure it'll work but I'll give it a go.'

Bandylegs stands now and regards Askit.

'Oy, cleric. You want us to go on this quest for god's blood, yet there's no money for us to kit ourselves out for an adventure such as this. It'll be a thimble full of blood ye'll be getting if there's a raft of treasure within. Take me for example, I had very little means to kit meself out so I bought this cursed armour. I don't think it'll serve me very well if I'm going into a holy shrine and not able to carry me share. If ye kit us out properly, we can bring back several wine barrels full of the stuff.. What say ye?'

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote: »
    The cleric ponders a ponderous notion, ponderously of course. With a wistful look in his eye, he unsheathes his purple wand and hairy bag of magic.

"The mere sight of you plebs has irked me from the moment I laid eyes on you, I must vanquish you forthwith".

With that, the cleric casts a nasty spell transporting the merry band of plebiscites elsewhere in the realm.

Alas, they have vanished with a sticky puddle of love soup on the floor the only evidence of their existence.

OOC: Who's the 'funny' guy

Bandylegs laughs at the fool who entered the room stark naked and with no character to speak of. The 'wand' he holds in his hand appears to be a purple dildo.

'Ye fool, ye should have put some clothes on. Although, judging from what's in ye're hand, maybe ye'd prefer to stay that way.'

Bandylegs draws his axe and cuts the naked troll into twenty pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Necrominus wrote: »
    'I see ye can fight, gods aside - I could do with the help. I heard word of treasure in Thurmonton. If ye be interested I'd be willing to give you a share of the profits. Ekbard yonder and the thief lassie Elin know about this quest of mine as of yet. I will explain more when we get on the road.'

"Aye, count me in. I don't know much about fighting, a few lessons wouldn't go astray. I've never been to Thurmonton, only heard of it.

I'd prefer not to hide this from the spellcasters, I won't tell them but I will not lie.

How was the afterlife? Did you meet Vergadain? I had no idea that spiny devil was so powerful, nor did Ekbard I imagine, he seems to have a few screws loose.

Tell me fellows, how long do we plan to await the return of the spellcasters? I say three mornings from tomorrows we leave without the mottlers."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Keyzer didn't contact me, just so yous know

Ekbard tuts, "I'm sitting right here!"

"I had a good idea how strong a devil lord could be, way more powerful than someone like I or a 100 of me, could ever handle, but i was told he was bound and could not escape. I had way too much faith in what this askin fellow has said. He had told us that the devil was bound by god magic. Why should I doubt that. Askin' himself is in shock that the devil escaped. You think that'd be the first thing you mention when bringing a fighter into a room with a devil, "oh, by the way, don't try to attack the beast or he will be freed from his bindings". If anyone has a screw loose its that askin' chap or his god or whomever forgot to forward on that really important sliver of information."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier wrote: »
    Shadow:

"A Topaz gem, I don't know, wasn't there when I was placed here. Of course I won't hurt you, I have no quarrel with a fellow commoner.
    Those shadow creatures come in here from time to time asking me how I'm doing, but they never free me. For thirty bloody years!!"

[OOC: yep I'm gonna have to try a lock pick here to open the cage and I also want to take that topaz. Do I have to do any checks to take that? (topaz first, cage second)]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ekbard tuts, "I'm sitting right here!"

"I had a good idea how strong a devil lord could be, way more powerful than someone like I or a 100 of me, could ever handle, but i was told he was bound and could not escape. I had way too much faith in what this askin fellow has said. He had told us that the devil was bound by god magic. Why should I doubt that. Askin' himself is in shock that the devil escaped. You think that'd be the first thing you mention when bringing a fighter into a room with a devil, "oh, by the way, don't try to attack the beast or he will be freed from his bindings". If anyone has a screw loose its that askin' chap or his god or whomever forgot to forward on that really important sliver of information."

"Your mind is duller than your ear. I suspect part of the contract between Askit and the beast may have forced his hand, in not telling us of the bond's key."

Study:
    "Another plane? What do you mean, will they be able to return?"

OOC: Is the existance of other planes common knowledge or unknown for the most part?
    OOC: Clerics, Elfs and Magic-Users would know of them, although in the case of Clerics only an educated one would think of them in the "scientific" sense of planes. A less sophisticated Cleric would think of them in mystic terms, e.g. some of the planes would be afterlives or hells.

"With two magic-users they should be able to. Since they don't belong in that plane I would imagine there is a time limit to their being there"

'Oy, cleric. You want us to go on this quest for god's blood, yet there's no money for us to kit ourselves out for an adventure such as this. It'll be a thimble full of blood ye'll be getting if there's a raft of treasure within. Take me for example, I had very little means to kit meself out so I bought this cursed armour. I don't think it'll serve me very well if I'm going into a holy shrine and not able to carry me share. If ye kit us out properly, we can bring back several wine barrels full of the stuff.. What say ye?'
    Askit's tone becomes somewhat agressive.

"How much do you want exactly dwarf?"

Askit's tone becomes somewhat agressive.

"How much do you want exactly dwarf?"

'Enough to kit all of us out with suitable armour and weapons, how about 300GP per person?'

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    [OOC: yep I'm gonna have to try a lock pick here to open the cage and I also want to take that topaz. Do I have to do any checks to take that? (topaz first, cage second)]
    OOC: For hard locks you get to use your lockpick skill once, for easy ones it's rolled twice. I roll it. You succeeded.

The Topaz gem comes free easily, followed shortly by a vibration through the room and then nothing.

Banban runs from the cage into the Foyer. Wispy upon seeing him turns a bright red and morphs his limbs into knives.

"You kept me caged here, you monsters, you never opened my cage and maintained it through these long years!! You're in service to the nobles"

Wispy responds calmly but forcefully

"You are dead, but full of rage. You are caged for your own good."

He turns to the group.

"He is on the verge of turning into a being of anger, a problem your dead constantly cause us"

OOC: Everybody in the shadow, time to choose sides, Wispy or Banban

'Enough to kit all of us out with suitable armour and weapons, how about 300GP per person?'
    "I will agree, on the condition of a sacred pact with yourself." a chuckle escapes from his robes and he floats closer to BandyLegs "half of what you obtain in Thurmunton will be given to the church of Soet".

OOC: Giving away treasure doesn't affect the XP you get from it, only the purchasing power.

"I will agree, on the condition of a sacred pact with yourself." a chuckle escapes from his robes and he floats closer to BandyLegs "half of what you obtain in Thurmunton will be given to the church of Soet".

Bandylegs eyes the cleric cautiously. 'Aye, half my share, cleric. It's a price I'm willing to pay. The others need not know of this though.'

"Aye, count me in. I don't know much about fighting, a few lessons wouldn't go astray. I've never been to Thurmonton, only heard of it.

I'd prefer not to hide this from the spellcasters, I won't tell them but I will not lie.

How was the afterlife? Did you meet Vergadain? I had no idea that spiny devil was so powerful, nor did Ekbard I imagine, he seems to have a few screws loose.

Tell me fellows, how long do we plan to await the return of the spellcasters? I say three mornings from tomorrows we leave without the mottlers."

Bandylegs turns to regard Moy again.

'The afterlife was...interesting. Nah, Vergadain wouldn't bother with a humble dwarf such as mesel', I did meet a few of me ancestors though and a Chitin, I thought those creatures were long dead. He was a friendly chap, if a little hungry.

I'd agree with ya Moy, if the spellcasters tarry or worse, do not return in three mornings time, we will have to leave them to their own devices..'

Bandylegs thinks for a moment, then walks over and pokes Xanthea with the butt of his axe. He stoops down and whispers to her.

'Oy, Warrior princess, would you be interested in a little detour from our path? I heard tales of treasure in Thurmonton... and a blessing for yon fighters and mesel' from a saint in the area..'

[OOC: aww sh1t]

Elin pockets the topaz quickly and runs after Banban. She hesitates at the doorway, unsure of what to do. She looks to Alexander and Saeros; "he had been kept in a cage for thirty years, I felt it only humane to release him. I'm sorry!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

'Oy, Warrior princess, would you be interested in a little detour from our path? I heard tales of treasure in Thurmonton... and a blessing for yon fighters and mesel' from a saint in the area..'

I was contracted by Askit here, and nobody else, so my duty is to ensure that his errand for us is successful.

However, if our journey happens to take us through Thurmonton, then so be it.

I was contracted by Askit here, and nobody else, so my duty is to ensure that his errand for us is successful.

However, if our journey happens to take us through Thurmonton, then so be it.

Bandylegs winks at Xanthea.

'Aye. 'Happens' I got ya, warrior princess.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Banban runs from the cage into the Foyer. Wispy upon seeing him turns a bright red and morphs his limbs into knives.

"You kept me caged here, you monsters, you never opened my cage and maintained it through these long years!! You're in service to the nobles"

Wispy responds calmly but forcefully

"You are dead, but full of rage. You are caged for your own good."

He turns to the group.

"He is on the verge of turning into a being of anger, a problem your dead constantly cause us"

Elin pockets the topaz quickly and runs after Banban. She hesitates at the doorway, unsure of what to do. She looks to Alexander and Saeros; "he had been kept in a cage for thirty years, I felt it only humane to release him. I'm sorry!"

Alexander nods to Elin.

Alexander:It's ok, we trust your judgement. Hopefully, you guys trust mine!

Alexander, wanting to avoid being caught in the middle of a fight between Wispy and Banban, tries to de-escalate the situation.

Alexander casts Sleep on Banban, hoping that he can knock him out temporarily, so as to calm down Wispy and figure out how much of a threat Banban actually poses...

(OOC: Not sure what I have to roll now, Fourier :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

goes down to dwarven temple shop

Study:
    Bandylegs eyes the cleric cautiously. 'Aye, half my share, cleric. It's a price I'm willing to pay. The others need not know of this though.'
    "Fair enough, I shall not tell them. Wait here until I return with the coin"

He exits the study, down the stairs and out into the city.

Shadow:
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Alexander casts Sleep on Banban, hoping that he can knock him out temporarily, so as to calm down Wispy and figure out how much of a threat Banban actually poses...[/I]

(OOC: Not sure what I have to roll now, Fourier :P)
    OOC: Nothing, Magic just occurs when you say so. The target might have a chance to roll to resist it (saving throw), but in the case of Sleep for somebody of Banban's level they don't. It's a good illustration of how lethal you are in the right situation. Magic also happens before attacks in combat.

Banban halts as he charges toward Wispy, suddenly slowing down. He then begins to waver on his feet, stumbling forward until he falls over onto his face and begins snoring. Wispy returns to his original black coating soon afterward.

"Thank you, he has been close to turning into a shade at times, the poor man. We will imprison him again, until we know how to calm him.

I was going to take you to our monarch to decide what to do with you, but you seem to be genuinely lost living breathing materials, you're too sane to be otherwise, you didn't join him in his rage. I will take you to the gateway back to your world."

Elin looks apologetically at everyone. She turns to Wispy angrily; "He said you had left him locked up and alone for thirty years, I couldn't leave him in there alone. No one should be locked up for thirty years. Why can't you help him?"

Elin looks apologetically at everyone. She turns to Wispy angrily; "He said you had left him locked up and alone for thirty years, I couldn't leave him in there alone. No one should be locked up for thirty years. Why can't you help him?"
    "He died violently, that makes him a very powerful ghost when he crosses over to here. Although mostly we don't know how to help him, he's chained up for his own protection and ours.

Come, let us not delay, I'll return all of you home."

Elin frowns but allows Wispy to lead the way.

• Advertisement

Bandylegs sighs and slouches back into the chair.

'Vergedain's monument will have to wait until after the tower now. But... we will be appropriately equipped to handle the impending danger.'

He grabs a cup from the table, fills it with wine and begins to drink again.

Advertisement