Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"You know Askit has baby devils in his kitchen. Do you think he eats them?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Dumathoin's beard! Baby devils?'

Bandylegs starts to rise but then sits back down.

'Ach, what do I care if he eats baby devils. I've had enough conflict on this day. We should ask him about it though. I have procured the coin you requested, Ekbard. 300GP extra each to properly equip ourselves.'

"I also think his body can't really digest them properly, cause as best I can make out, he needs to make himself up vials to assist him in passing them"

"Good, I think the magic users should squeeze him next, then we get the hell outta this place and never return"

Bandylegs eyes Ekbard

'I would not push him too far, Ekbard. There is a price involved in procuring the coin for us all. It does not effect you or the others though so I would rather not speak of it.'

• Advertisement

'Moy needs to know of these baby devils though. He seemed affronted by the devil's presence.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Shadow:
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin frowns but allows Wispy to lead the way.
    Wispy leads Elin and any who follow out into the Shadow version of Soetrard. Here the Temple of Soet is replaced by a hanging Gothic Cathedral a kilometer high.

"Our king resides there, a just and honest ruler if ever there was one"

He continues down the plaza, several ghosts float through the streets in and out of shadow versions of the temples that line the temple district. Eventually Wispy leads them to a tree sandwiched between two temples.

"We have an agreement with the owner, it exists in multiple planes, please enter."

He begins to float away, but pauses and turns

"Should one day you return to Soetrard, stronger than you are now, please return, we have need of powerful living materials"

He then ascends into the sky to join with others of his kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Elin is confused "We have to go into the tree?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Elin is confused "We have to go into the tree?"

Alexander: Yeah, it's....complicated. But safe. Guy inside is nice.

Alexander walks into the tree.

Carrador's Shop:

The group enters Carrador's shop on the second floor, sending out a slight ringing throughout. The Wizard himself ascends up to the second floor and smiles when he sees Alexander.

"Now what were you doing in the shadow my boy, you don't have the power for that yet. Back for more supplies?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Alexander: Yeah, it's....complicated. But safe. Guy inside is nice.

Alexander walks into the tree.

Elin shrugs and follows Alexander into the tree.

[OOC: Elin feels like Harry Potter]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fourier wrote: »
    Carrador's Shop:

The group enters Carrador's shop on the second floor, sending out a slight ringing throughout. The Wizard himself ascends up to the second floor and smiles when he sees Alexander.

"Now what were you doing in the shadow my boy, you don't have the power for that yet. Back for more supplies?"

Alexander: You know about the Shadow world?

Alexander quickly recounts what just happens to the Wizard, mentioning how they got thrown into the shadow by the monster, how they met "Wispy" and nearly got to meet the King.

Alexander: Hey, can you tell us any more bout "Wispy"? Were we in actual danger? He seemed keen for us to go with him till I knocked out the guy. Then he seemed that he couldn't wait to get rid of us....

You know about the Shadow world?
    "I've been to most of the realms at least twice my boy"
    Alexander: Hey, can you tell us any more bout "Wispy"? Were we in actual danger? He seemed keen for us to go with him till I knocked out the guy. Then he seemed that he couldn't wait to get rid of us....
    "You were most likely going to be judged and a decision was to be made on how to confine you. His race are good-natured, but somewhat fearful of us. Their realm receives our restless dead, who are often empowered and violent. Once he determined you were living and no longer a threat, there was no need to coerce you into going to their court."

Study:
    The party hears a trumpet from below as a royal chariot pulls beside the mansion.

A herald-man enters the mansion and proclaims:

"Here ye, can BandyLegs McGillicuddy and any of his party who wish to be present please gather outside the mansion of the right honourable Askit, Cleric of our Lord Soet"

Bandylegs finishes his cup of wine, looks forlornly at the barrel and gets to his feet.

'Well, I guess we'll be leaving this place. So long Barrel, we had some good times.'

Bandylegs gives the wine barrel a pat and heads down the stairs and out the front of the mansion.

Ekbard is awkened by some fool playing a trumpet. He hears some loudmouth shouting about a party. Ekbard puts his shield in his backpack and grabs the barrel, and wolfs a heap of the deliocious meat slices down. "I'm always game for a party" he exclaims, then proceeds out of the study and out the front door of the mansion.

Outside Mansion:

Outside the mansion people are gathered around as a team of twenty trolls pull the gigantic sleeping form of Citra, the city's golden dragon, a top an enormous green palanquin. About the palanquin float eight robed figures like Askit about 10 foot off the ground. One descends down to BandyLegs level, the voice sounds like Askit

"Here are the funds you requested, from Citra's personal horde. She too has an interest in the blood."

Citra's unfurls her neck bringing her head to ground level and her eye, the size of a man, comes level to BandyLegs.

"You are the dwarf who requested more funds?"

Fourier wrote: »
    Outside the mansion people are gathered around as a team of twenty trolls pull the gigantic sleeping form of Citra, the city's golden dragon, a top an enormous green palanquin. About the palanquin float eight robed figures like Askit about 10 foot off the ground. One descends down to BandyLegs level, the voice sounds like Askit

"Here are the funds you requested, from Citra's personal horde. She too has an interest in the blood."

Citra's unfurls her neck bringing her head to ground level and her eye, the size of a man, comes level to BandyLegs.

"You are the dwarf who requested more funds?"

Bandylegs gawps at the golden dragon.

'Aye, that be me.'

He recomposes himself.

'Sorry for starin, lassie. I've seen a lot of strange things in the last few hours. Just tryin' to make sure my eyes aren't playin' tricks on me.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Let it begiiiiiiiin!" cries Othegre, blinking into existence approximately 5 feet directly above the trumpter. She had expected to find solid ground beneath her feet and has little time to register her disappointment. The trumpter provides a soft if not entirely quiet landing.

Lying there, she reaches for the talisman around her neck and shakes. The blinded eye.

Rolling to her feet, she ignores the trumpter, straightens her leather jerkin and surveys the temple before her. She does not recognize the architecture - how far had she come? There's a commotion behind her; she turns to see a dragon - no really, a dragon, no muddle no mess! - eyeballing a dwarf.

"My lady? So soon?" She asks no one and reaches for her charm. The open hand. This could be it!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs gawps at the golden dragon.

'Aye, that be me.'

He recomposes himself.

'Sorry for starin, lassie. I've seen a lot of strange things in the last few hours. Just tryin' to make sure my eyes aren't playin' tricks on me.'
    "Indeed they do not dwarf..." she intakes a large breath "...of the mountain breed."

She speaks to Askit in a strange language and turns back to BandyLegs.

"Remember to honour your agreement, it is I who will ensure you keep to it"

She reaches beneath he palanquin and produces a chest laden with coin, which she drops on the ground with a loud thud.

BandyLegs then hears a voice within his mind, Citra's.

"The treasure at Thurmunton is sizable indeed, do not cheat me dwarf or I will break my vow on feasting on lesser beings"

• Advertisement

Ekbard examines the dragon, and wonders to himself if dragons can be outfitted with saddles.

Ekbard addresses the dragon, "Hey citrus sweetie, you seem to have a wings in this adventure already, why don't you join our merry band and storm this tower with us? We sure could use the fire power..." ".. and i'm sure you you could carry a barrel or two of that sweet gods blood if we were to fashions a harness to you and we'd be back in time for the big festival Askin' in going to throw for our heroic return!..." "Or did Askin' only tell you about the Thurmonton leg of our journey?"

Bandylegs is startled by the voice in his head.

'I am no cheat, dragon. When I honour me end of the bargain perhaps we can build a level of trust. I'll need it from ye if I'm to get me monument to Vergadain built. One half of me share of treasure in Thurmonton will be yers, provided I live to tell the tale... And that the treasure exists. Canit speak fer others, my pact is mine and mine alone.'

Bandylegs looks at the array of gold in front of him and collects his share. He scoops up Ekbards and tosses it to him as well.

'Hear, lord devil rider. As promised, make sure ye kit yourself out now.'

He turns and notices an unknown cleric muttering to themselves.

'And who are ye supposed to be? Another *spits* magic user I suppose? You here for the questing? You'll be needing this.'

Bandylegs hocks a bag containing 300GP towards the cleric.

Othegre is momentarily vexed. A dwarf, a warrior and a dragon walk into a town square. The punchline eludes her. But this is the beginnings of a party! A quest! An opportunity to serve the glorious medley! By Jammai's design was she here, and by that design she will proceed.

"you there! Musclebound buffoon who would make a meal of himself by antagonizing this great creature! The time of my Grand Adjunct is at hand! Tell me - is there some kind conscientious soul who tends you and keeps you from falling from trees and drowning in puddles? I would speak with them!"

Edit:

The dwarf approaches, casting sacks of gold about hither and thither like they were hayloft eyes and this a hall full of frustrated milkmaids. Surely not! Not this addled booze sack, he cannot be the brains. And yet there he is. Delicious!

"My dear sir, allow myself to present myself! Othegre, acolyte of Jammai. I will accept your tribute but first you have to guess how many fingers I'm holding up"

Ooc : it's three. I never said she was hiding them.

Ekbard blushes, "You think i'm a great creature, nice to meat you my fair lady." "would you like a cup of wine?" "point me in the direction of this musslebound buffon and i'll straighten their tongue if it offends you such"

Ha! I like you! No doubt you will die soon, but what fun we will have getting there. Your wine I must refuse for it dullens my Lady's voice. One must always be watching for her design.

Of course! My manners!

*She kneels and offers an open hand with a wild flourish. Before Ekbard can react she leaps back to her feet.

Right! I presume your troubles extend beyond needing rid of that trumpeter? You're welcome by the way.

Banjo wrote:
    "My dear sir, allow myself to present myself! Othegre, acolyte of Jammai. I will accept your tribute but first you have to guess how many fingers I'm holding up"

'Jammie is it? Ne'er 'eard of him. I'm Bandylegs McGillicuddy of the mountain. Vergadain is my worship, as long as ye say nowt bad abou' him I don't really care what ye do in yer spare time. I see yer preoccupied with Ekbard there yonder. I'll leave ye to it, I have coin to give out.'

Bandylegs nods and picks up the chest of coin, tosses a sack at both Moy's and Xantheas feet. He then closes the chest, puts it down beside the wall, sits on it and falls asleep.

OOC: Feel free to move me when needed, I'm off to bed

Ekbard fumbles foolishisly in the air with his hand for a greeting that was only momentarily extended, "why thank you, that infernal racket awoke me from a splendid dream!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Goodie wanders over and holds out the hand. "sharing spoils before they're ernt and deals with dragons make the madnees i saw with the demon pale, that said l'll take my share."

• Advertisement

Ekbard looks at the royal carraige, "I think this will suffice for me, but what about the rest of my party, do you expect them to run beside this carraige all the way to the wakelands?"

Advertisement