Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act One Scene II - Temple District

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tigger wrote:
    Goodie wanders over and holds out the hand. "sharing spoils before they're ernt and deals with dragons make the madnees i saw with the demon pale, that said l'll take my share."

Bandylegs stirs slightly and notices Iberic.

'Ah laddie, I wasn't sure where ye were. Here!'

He opens the chest, tosses him a pouch and then goes back to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard looks at the royal carraige, "I think this will suffice for me, but what about the rest of my party, do you expect them to run beside this carraige all the way to the wakelands?"

I'll be buying a horse and scouting ahead, if you wish to ride dressed for carving thats fine with me

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs stirs slightly and notices Iberic.

'Ah laddie, I wasn't sure where ye were. Here!'

He opens the chest, tosses him a pouch and then goes back to sleep.

thats the beauty of my people, we dissapear and apear at will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard speakes in a hushed tone to the driver of the royal carraige, "Are you to be our driver for the whole journey? Do you know your way to Cantry?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs stirs and gets to his feet.

'Mind my stuff, Ekbard. I'm off to Donnie's to upgrade.'

He takes off his studded armour and empties his backpack before heading off down into the town.
    Bandylegs makes haste towards Donnie's and slams his pouch of gold on the counter.

'Elf, I have money to spend and I will not be thrifty!'

Bandylegs selects a suit of banded mail, and then moves to the items section.
    He purchases a winter blanket, 10 more rations, a pick, a mirror, 2 large sacks and 1 small one.

'104GP exactly I believe. Here is the coin.'

He suits up with the banded armour and places the rest of the items in his backpack then heads back up to the mansion.

OOC: My encumbrance is now +3 I think. 1 for the mail, 1 for 6 or more items, 1 for 11 or more. Hopefully a horsey can reduce that ;) Also my armour class is now 3. AC 4 for banded mail, and less 1 as I have a shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Upgrades! Equipment! A great endeavour! Othegre follows the Dwarf at a distance - she is unsure she can trust this new acquaintance and she worries that, being downwind, his fumes pose a risk of intoxication.

Along the way down a side street she sees 3 youths pushing a young boy between them, jeering. They pause when they notice her attention and the boy takes his chance to escape running to cower behind her leg. Othegre consults her talisman with a swift shake. The closed fist. Eying the group of bullies, she crouches and turns to meet the boys fearful gaze.

"Little man, there is nothing to fear. My Lady has a role for you to play. You are part of something wonderful!"

Smiling, she plants a kiss on his forehead, then punches the boy hard in the gut and pushes him back at his oppressors. Now where did that blasted dwarf go?

She grabs a passer-by roughly by the collar of their shirt and pulls them in close, so her forehead meets theirs.
    "Hello. Can you please show me where Donnie is? He has stuff!"

Banjo wrote: »
    Upgrades! Equipment! A great endeavour! Othegre follows the Dwarf at a distance - she is unsure she can trust this new acquaintance and she worries that, being downwind, his fumes pose a risk of intoxication.

Along the way down a side street she sees 3 youths pushing a young boy between them, jeering. They pause when they notice her attention and the boy takes his chance to escape running to cower behind her leg. Othegre consults her talisman with a swift shake. The closed fist. Eying the group of bullies, she crouches and turns to meet the boys fearful gaze.

"Little man, there is nothing to fear. My Lady has a role for you to play. You are part of something wonderful!"

Smiling, she plants a kiss on his forehead, then punches the boy hard in the gut and pushes him back at his oppressors. Now where did that blasted dwarf go?

She grabs a passer-by roughly by the collar of their shirt and pulls them in close, so her forehead meets theirs.

Goodie appers from the shadows, "Follow me, that shopkeep took me for a bumpkin earlier and i'm on my way to him now"

the two march down to Donnies shop

Goodie enters Donnie' shop

Hey Darko, you sold me 1 gold pieces ration for 12 so i thinking if you want to do more trade you'll make that right
    -11gp
    i have mind to return the sling and stones and this leather armour -8gp

in its stead i'll have studded leather armour, a shield suitable for mounted use a horse suitable for riding with saddle and bags and two wineskins, empty, and a travelling cloak

30,10,75,25,1,1,1,1 =144 + cloak

two days feed for my mount and finally a longbow with three quivers of arrows

40 5,5,5 = 55

so 55+144-8-11= 180 i think

ooc

so i'll stow the balance of items on the horse apaat from whats on me
    on me i have the studded armour, the sword the bow with one quiver of arrows and the backpck empty on my back

when riding with the others i'll use my shield (i have good dex and riding animals 2 so i'll be fine ) when riding on my own or shooting the bow from horseback i'll be stowing the shield

now i'm off to practice standing on the back of my new horse and riding around

i have balance skill 1 and riding skill 2 so i'll start practising

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Xanthea appears out from the Mansion, and her eyes alight on the dragon.

"CITRA! It is long 'ere we last met, and that means our errand is darker than even I thought. Alas I now feel underequipped for what I am to venture in to, but I am grateful for your generosity in paying for our groups equipment upfront. When next I can I shall drink a toast to you!"

Xanthea collects her pouch of coin, and makes for the stablemaster and blacksmith, to meet another old friend.

At the stables, Xanthea salutes the stablemaster.

"Hail stablemaster. It is some time since I left my old friend and greatest companion Shapsberg in your care. I hope you have done your job well, but the time has come for us to ride together once more. Can you see to it that the blacksmith has new shoes on her as soon as possible, and fetch me the bill for the stable fees? Meanwhile I have an armour situation to deal with. Who is the best armourer in the city?"

OOC: Fourier, you can consider the fees as that of a new horse, but this at least gives some backstory.

Ekbard pops down to the Dwarvian store in Vergadains temple.
    He buys a horse, cart, 100 days of horse feed, a saddle, 10 preserved rations.
    Ekbard hands over 168 gold pieces (210 @ 20% discount).
    Ekbard puts the saddle and on the horse and attaches the cart to the horse.
    Ekbard puts the barrel and many of his items from his backpack, into the cart.
    He then walks with his horse and cart back to Askits Mansion to do an inventory.

• Advertisement

Ekbard pops down to Donnies.
    "Hello Donnie. I'd like to purchase some banded mail armour. Will you offer me any discount if I give you this prime condition leather armour."

Ekband hands over the gold pieces, leaves the store and retunrs to the Askits.

OOC: will substract 85 GP from my running total, and if this exchange did gain me anything I'll add it on later.

Bandylegs lets a roar at Ekbard.

'Oy, if ye're goin ta Donnie's pick me up a horse and saddlebag. A few weeks food fer the horse too. Gud lad.'

Bandylegs tosses his coin purse to Ekbard

When Ekbard gets back to the Masion he goes over to the Dwarf. The dwarf mentions that he too would like a horse and saddle bag but is too tired from all the wine. Ekbard leaves his house & cart with the dwarf and once again sets off down to the dwarvian store in the vergadain temple.

He acquires another horse, saddle bag and 23 days of feed, hands over 61 gold pieces (76gp 25 cp @ 20% discount)

He then attaches the saddle bag to the horse, stuffs the feed into the saddle bags and then rides back to the mansion and dismounts.
    "Heres your horse & your coin purse Bandylegs"

Goodie canters past standing on the saddle of his chestnut mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"This whole team is so dinky! Or is it me, am I freakishly humongous now? I'm not sure how the Blink works, could I have been transformed even as I was transported?"

She follows the halfling to Donnie's.

"Donnie! Hail fellow, well met!" She consults - the opened eye. "Your fame extends at least as far as that Mansion down the street. Tell me, why do they call you the discount Elf ? Your prices appear to be standard RRP"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Outside Temple of Soet:
    Ekbard addresses the dragon, "Hey citrus sweetie, you seem to have a wings in this adventure already, why don't you join our merry band and storm this tower with us? We sure could use the fire power..." ".. and i'm sure you you could carry a barrel or two of that sweet gods blood if we were to fashions a harness to you and we'd be back in time for the big festival Askin' in going to throw for our heroic return!..." "Or did Askin' only tell you about the Thurmonton leg of our journey?"
    "I know of it all little one. The Tower is too much of a risk for me, much better to gamble the lives of expandable bipeds" she says as a smirk grows across her face.

"My lady? So soon?" She asks no one and reaches for her charm. The open hand. This could be it!
    The Celrics floating around Citra look at each other and exchange a high frequency noise, something about the stranger has their attention.

Unfortunately nobody's attention is on the heralds-man, who curses blue at being landed on.

Fourier wrote: »
    Outside Temple of Soet:

"I know of it all little one. The Tower is too much of a risk for me, much better to gamble the lives of expandable bipeds" she says as a smirk grows across her face.

Goodie gallops past on his horse,bstanding in the styrips with them strapped highhe's plactising fleeing again it seems

"This whole team is so dinky! Or is it me, am I freakishly humongous now? I'm not sure how the Blink works, could I have been transformed even as I was transported?"

She follows the halfling to Donnie's.

"Donnie! Hail fellow, well met!" She consults - the opened eye. "Your fame extends at least as far as that Mansion down the street. Tell me, why do they call you the discount Elf ? Your prices appear to be standard RRP"

smaller is harder to hit :)

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs is startled by the voice in his head.

'I am no cheat, dragon. When I honour me end of the bargain perhaps we can build a level of trust. I'll need it from ye if I'm to get me monument to Vergadain built. One half of me share of treasure in Thurmonton will be yers, provided I live to tell the tale... And that the treasure exists. Canit speak fer others, my pact is mine and mine alone.'
    She speaks only into BandyLegs's head:

"Very honourable Dwarf and in line with Vergadain's philosophy, if I remember the treatise of Doldar IV. Have you read his 'Vergadain, of luck or source of luck?'. Four volumes in total, it's interesting not just as a tome on Vergadainology, but of certain theological questions in general...."

She drones on, but her knowledge of Dwarven culture would scarcely be surpassed by the best Rune Masters BandyLegs knew in his youth.

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    Goodie wanders over and holds out the hand. "sharing spoils before they're ernt and deals with dragons make the madnees i saw with the demon pale, that said l'll take my share."
    Citra, concentrating on BandyLegs, intakes a large volume of air.

"A halfling......" she almost purs "....and one of a fine vintage. It's a long time since I smelled such an aroma, Askit you didn't tell me"

Askit brings himself down to her eye

"I did not think it too important my lady, Soetrard is a city of the world, many types pass through"

She tuts loudly

"Ahh, but a halfling in a city is a rare thing indeed Askit, they are intrinsically rural. Have you read the poems of Marwan, Master Halfling? I knew him, over a hundred summers ago."

Ekbard speakes in a hushed tone to the driver of the royal carraige, "Are you to be our driver for the whole journey? Do you know your way to Cantry?"
    The driver gives an audible harrumph. "Of course I know the way to Cantry, I am a Soetrard Collegiate educated coach driver, I could take you across the Zassan deserts and back without needing to ask the way...." He pauses, pleased with himself "....however, my services are far too exclusive for the likes of you, so run along".

The woman pulls herself free and jumps back, she's holding a candle, most likely for her family's god.

"Donnie, the Elf's shop, for adventurers....it's over there you bloody loon!!" she shouts, points in the direction of Donnie's and runs off.

Goodie enters Donnie' shop
    so 55+144-8-11= 180 i think
    Donnie is flummoxed at the halfling's fast talking dealings and barely has a chance to counter bargain. Once he is finished with the halfling's order he glances at the price list under his desk and puts it up on the wall. It'll keep him honest.

He thinks that he might start offering fancier rations, noble rations maybe? They could be worth a gold piece.

Goodie pulls up his mare jumps to the ground and bows,

"Gooday to you Golden Dragon, I'm honored to be noticed by you and more so that I have been asked a question and may be allowed to engage your awesome presence. Goodenough is my family name , Ilberic is my first.

Marwan's poems were read to me by Nancy my Grandmother's friend and i did enjoy them tho I was young and she was fond of ported wine so my memorie are muted.

Xanthea appears out from the Mansion, and her eyes alight on the dragon.

"CITRA! It is long 'ere we last met, and that means our errand is darker than even I thought. Alas I now feel underequipped for what I am to venture in to, but I am grateful for your generosity in paying for our groups equipment upfront. When next I can I shall drink a toast to you!"
    Citra smiles, although given the size of her mouth, passersby think she is preparing to swallow BandyLegs.

"Ah the warrior princess, Askit told me you had crossed the deserts of Zassan. It is a dark errand, but a potentially lucrative one. We will sup together indeed. I'll finally learn how you escaped that giant scorpion"
    "Hail stablemaster. It is some time since I left my old friend and greatest companion Shapsberg in your care. I hope you have done your job well, but the time has come for us to ride together once more. Can you see to it that the blacksmith has new shoes on her as soon as possible, and fetch me the bill for the stable fees? Meanwhile I have an armour situation to deal with. Who is the best armourer in the city?"

OOC: Fourier, you can consider the fees as that of a new horse, but this at least gives some backstory.
    "She behaved herself for us. A fine horse, not Soetrardian breed I think, is she from your homeland me lady? The city's best armourer is probably Ohmbryn Wysamoira, he lives down at the docks. Not always at his shop, but should be there today. I think.

Well that's best in terms of quality. Donnie the Elf has good armour taken from the rest of the city's armourer's. Unless Ohmbryn can be convinced to give you a masterwork, you're probably best heading to Donnie's."

Ekbard pops down to Donnies.
    "Hello Donnie. I'd like to purchase some banded mail armour. Will you offer me any discount if I give you this prime condition leather armour."

Ekband hands over the gold pieces, leaves the store and retunrs to the Askits.

OOC: will substract 85 GP from my running total, and if this exchange did gain me anything I'll add it on later.
    "Prime ain't used in Donnie's boy, I'll give you full price."

"They what?" he says startled

He looks around the store nervously, as customers begin taking a critical look at the prices on items in the store.

"I'm the discount elf because....well cause I have discount items, they might be cursed or have near insane previous owners hell-bent on getting them back, but by Corellon's staff they'll come at a significantly reduced rate.

See my store's name wasn't just plucked out of thin air you know."

Goodie gallops past on his horse,bstanding in the styrips with them strapped highhe's plactising fleeing again it seems
    Citra chuckles

"I say, the halfling is a dab-hand at horses. Show us more little one" she cheers Goodie on.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    "They what?" he says startled

He looks around the store nervously, as customers begin taking a critical look at the prices on items in the store.

"I'm the discount elf because....well cause I have discount items, they might be cursed or have near insane previous owners hell-bent on getting them back, but by Corellon's staff they'll come at a significantly reduced rate.

See my store's name wasn't just plucked out of thin air you know."

ooc

lol :D

Tiggers are shopkeepers and we like to have "sales and discounts" as i tell people everything is for sale and i give everyone i like a discount

Advertisement